Manager, AML ComplianceApply Req ID: 2101741 Date posted 04/30/2021
The Manager within AML Compliance is responsible for overseeing daily operations of a team of AML Analysts/Investigators within the SBNA AML Investigations Team. S/he is responsible for ensuring operational integrity by reviewing daily alert workflow, performing quality control reviews, reviewing/approving Suspicious Activity Reports and managing timely transmission processes to comply with the AML regulations.
- Supervises, coaches, trains, mentors and leads a team of AML Analysts/Investigators. Responsible for all aspects of team members life cycle including recruitment, performance management and development
- Responsible for the coordination of team workflow and alert distribution; and ensures timely submission of Reports (e.g. SAR, CTR) to Government entities such as Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN)
- Makes critical independent decisions regarding case reviews, requests for information, customer de-marketing, and procedures inquiries and is accountable for Team's case decisions
- Provides regulatory guidance to team members; advises business lines in order to ensure accurate filings of internal referrals, currency transaction reports, and/or monetary instrument filings
- Performs Quality Control reviews of alerts and reports for completeness, accuracy to ensure these are decisioned in accordance with internal procedures and regulatory expectations.
- Serves as a subject matter expert of the bank's BSA AML policies and procedures across business lines.
- Works on projects and ancillary duties as assigned or requested.
- As assigned, responsible for procuring information and samples related to testing, internal/external audits, QA and QC .
- Continuously evaluates operational/production routines and systems; recommends changes to improve processes and create efficiencies .
- Bachelor's Degree; Business, Finance, or equivalent field.,or equivalent work experience;
- Work Expereince - 5-9 years; Compliance, Legal, Regulatory, or Financial Services.
- Skills and abilities - Ability to adjust to new developments/changing circumstances.
- Ability to build and foster internal relationships.
- Ability to convey a sense or urgency and drive.
- Ability to foster and embed a strong risk culture
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organizational structure, including senior leadership.
- Ability to lead and manage a team of highly skilled professionals.
- Ability to present ideas and concepts in a clear and concise manner to management.
- Advanced knowledge, theories, and concepts of Compliance, Risk, and Audit methodology, process development, and implementation.
- Detail orientated with the ability to also understand overall strategy.
- Knowledge of current laws and regulations that affect the organization's policies. Knowledge of regulatory and compliance standards.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Physical demands - Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Communicates in a timely and straightforward manner.
- Probes for additional information, clarifies assumptions and confirms agreed-upon actions.
- Keeps everyone involved informed about progress and issues.
- Communicates the importance and benefits of risk management to counterparts.
- Displays natural skepticism and curiosity to question the status quo and uncover issues.
- Adheres to a good root cause analysis process,
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change.
- Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members,
- Executes risk management process and procedures without management direction, and demonstrates awareness of expected results
- Knows the relationship and impact of actions and results
- Has an understanding of regulations impacting area supported,
- Follows through to meet commitments to others.
- Takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite balancing multiple complex demands,
- Knows who to reach out to inside and outside of one's team to get work done.
- Takes action to enhance working relationships needed to achieve seamless work flow.
- Stays current with industry and regulatory trends and emerging risk issues.
- Has good understanding of current market and competitive landscape that the organization operates within.
- Uses information and data effectively to support a position and present a rational case
Primary Location: Dorchester, Massachusetts, United States
Other Locations: Massachusetts-Dorchester
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.