Associate Director, Analytics & MIS ReportingApply Req ID: 2102027 Date posted 05/12/2021
The Associate Director, Analytics & MIS Reporting is responsible for the development and implementation of the analytic approaches to and resources for understanding the Company's customers and prospects, identifying growth opportunities both within the existing portfolio and through customer acquisition, and developing effective modeling and customer targeting to leverage the opportunities. S/he identifies and recommends actions for senior leadership to guide and influence long term and strategic decision making for the Company.
Responsibilities and Core Attributes:
- Determining appropriate methods to analyze operations, relevant information, and data.
- Assembles project plans, procedures, resources to ensure accuracy and timeliness in project completion.
- Builds strong partnerships with stakeholders across the business to maintain executive level reporting with zero quality defect and consistent on-time delivery.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to improve current analytics processes and develop new capabilities.
- Identifying operational requirements and opportunities for improvement.
- Communicates with senior leadership on strategic matters.
- Conducts executive reporting, competitive intelligence and associated policies, methodologies and resources.
- Study our organizational workflows and processes to recommend and implement changes in order to increase revenue and production.
- Apply statistical analysis, simulations, and predictive modeling to analyze current procedures.
- Creates actionable recommendations designed to improve business performance.
- Research market and industry trends and patterns.
- Designs and develops analytical reporting metrics and dashboards across all critical business unit(s) and processes for senior leadership.
- Designs and develops quantitative analysis to support the development, validation and implementation of data modeling, database design, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Manages all projects across the Business Intelligence (BI) department, including milestones/deadlines, deliverables, budgets, resources, and building key stakeholder relationships.
- Manages data gathering efforts with internal and external business partners.
- Manages most strategic accounts and relationships for the Business Intelligence (BI) department.
- Oversees and serves as subject matter expert on Business Intelligence (BI).
- Provides ongoing business and technical management of the Business Intelligence (BI) platform development, including day to day operations, projects, and commercialization leading to broad adoption across the organization.
- Provides thought leadership by proactively identifying new business intelligence platforms that drive a higher level of data democratization, self-service analytics, and overall growth in digital capabilities among the workforce.
- Serves as a key liaison between business and IT groups, acquires and delivers on business requirements, and successfully manages external vendors.
- Spearheads modeling and analytics efforts to provide insights into new product launches/initiatives.
- Trains and mentors junior level staff.
Candidates must be curious individuals with analytical abilities to examine the current processes of an organization and come up with creative ways of solving them.It is crucial that applicants are excellent communicators who can clarify expectations and drive alignment; it is also important that applicants have the ability to work together with different teams across the organization with a commitment to deadlines and deliverables. Candidates should have the ability to manipulate and extract insights from large and complex datasets and be proficient with SQL and tableau or other data visualization tool.
- Bachelor's Degree; Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Management Information Systems, or other equivalent field.
- Master's Degree; Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Management Information Systems, or other equivalent field.
- Ph.D.; Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Management Information Systems, or other equivalent field, or equivalent work experience
- Work experience: 12-15 years
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to adapt and adjust to multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Ability to balance between data needs and requirements for action.
- Ability to communicate and influence senior executive leadership.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity, poise, maturity and precision both written and verbal.
- Ability to convey a sense of urgency and drive
- Ability to effectively communicate and build relationships with multiple levels of the organizational structure, including senior level management.
- Ability to effectively interact with the market, executive management and vendors.
- Ability to handle conflict resolution with other groups to ensure appropriate accounting guidance is followed.
- Ability to interact with senior level management; experience interfacing with multiple levels of the organizational structure.
- Ability to lead, influence and direct peers, subordinates and management.
- Ability to make effective decision making on complex matters.
- Ability to manage multiple, continuous technical projects.
- Advanced SQL experience.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
Primary Location: Dorchester, Massachusetts, United States
Other Locations: Massachusetts-Dorchester
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.