Analyst, AML Compliance - AML Quality AssuranceApply Req ID: 2101487 Date posted 04/08/2021
The Analyst, AML Compliance is responsible for minimizing the company's exposure to risk.by conducting various operations across the Financial Intelligence Unit specifically within the AML Quality Assurance Team including monitoring, identifying, and detecting suspicious activities and trends through various systems/applications.
- Advises and educates lines of business (LOBs) in order to ensure full AML compliance
- Assists Team Manager with coaching new hire analysts and cross-trains on various operations across the FIU as needed by production volumes
- Conducts due diligence and recommends appropriate risk-based business actions to be taken concerning client relationship onboarding or ongoing monitoring
- Formulates suspicious activity reports that meet internal and all regulatory standards
- Keeps abreast of AML/BSA/OFAC legal and regulatory matters affecting the compliance program
- Monitors, tracks, and identifies suspicious activities and trends through various systems/applications
- Participates in special projects as assigned
- Provides accurate documentation of customer investigations account activity.
- Bachelor's Degree; Economic Crimes, Criminal Justice or equivalent degree.
- Master's Degree; Economic Crimes, Criminal Justice or equivalent degree or equivalent work experience;
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 0-3 years; Financial Services industry or related field
- Law enforcement experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to gather and process statistical data in order to forecast team workflow requirements
- Ability to maintain attention to detail and accuracy under pressure
- Motivated, team-oriented, with the ability to work independently
- Robust knowledge and understanding of AML/BSA/OFAC legal and regulatory matters affecting the compliance program
- Strong PC skills including Excel, PowerPoint and Process Flow Creation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Builds effective working relationships with peers
- Communicates clearly and precisely
- Listens carefully and asks questions to clarify understanding
- Knows who the organization’s key customers and competitors are
- Has a basic understanding of financial services industry and how organizations operate
- Learns about and diligently follows established risk management policies, processes and procedures
- Maintains professional behavior at all times in representing the company
- Does all routine work accurately and on-time; is aware of own impact on others
- Openly and proactively shares information
- Understands the central role the risk management function plays in the organization environment
- Learns to identify and flag items non-compliant with regulations
- Works effectively in team settings
- Shows appreciation for others' help and lends a hand when needed to complete shared tasks
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.
Primary Location: Dorchester, Massachusetts, United States
Other Locations: Massachusetts-Dorchester
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.