Sr. Specialist, Business Intelligence & ReportingApply Req ID: oaXWdfw0 Date posted 02/22/2021
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Design, develops, and implements information-based business solutions related to reporting and ad hoc analysis. Provides information to the business units based on the requirements set by the business using the technology that best fits the solution. Gathers and documents requirements as well as developing the solution. Although the primary job duties focus on operational reporting for pricing and credit scoring, the role will become more analytical over time.
- Develops ad-hoc reporting and monthly KPI monitoring.
- Creates and writes stored procedures, views, queries, tables, DTS packages in Microsoft SQL Server, SAS, and VB.
- Develops reporting solutions through multiple tools as needed. Ability to produce interactive graphs, pivot tables, etc. for report.
- Responsible for Ad hoc report development. Ability to provide timely responses on short-notice and high-priority requests from various departments and upper management.
- Provides user support and training on information application solutions. As reports are generated, must be able to comprehensively train end-users on the workings of the report and instruct them on its uses.
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and modifies all previous reports as business needs change, as well as when problems arise.
- Analyzes portfolio trends for risks and opportunities relative to credit, collateral, and operational efficiencies.
- Develops sound testing analysis to include cost-benefit analysis of different acquisition / portfolio strategies.
- Partners with Information Technology and Origination Operations in support of Data Warehouse, Reporting or other projects, as assigned.
- Documents all reporting requirements, applications and reports as they are released.
- Develops project plans that include analysis and post-implementation monitoring.
- Develops pricing, acquisition and portfolio tactical analysis.
- Analyzes hiring needs of credit, marketing and servicing departments to aid in acquisition and portfolio growth.
- Presents analysis to management in a clear, concise and actionable format.
- Ability to translate technical language in a way that is understood by the Business.
- Maintains and applies knowledge of consumer lending data.
- Maintains systems for tracking projects, communicate results to management.
- Leads projects or special assignments as required with minimal guidance.
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, or Economics, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required
- Five (5) – seven (7) years of experience in a similar role
- Strong experience in financial analysis, data mining and statistics
- Knowledge of complex risk management methods and techniques
- Advanced experience with relational databases
- Advanced experience with PC software applications such as SQL and SAS, or other comparable data mining programs
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Advanced knowledge of finance, statistics, accounting and/or consumer credit
- Advanced analytical and computer skills
- Strong ability to apply financial and statistical principles
- Superior written and verbal presentation skills and ability to communicate well with senior management with minimal guidance
- Display advanced quantitative and analytical abilities
- Superior knowledge of business intelligence tools
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks/deadlines
- Able to work with little, to no supervision
- Flexible, proactive working style
- Adaptive to a team environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Master’s Degree preferred in Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, or Economics
- The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
Employer's Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.