Sr. Associate – CECL & IFRS Allowance Loss ForecastingApply Req ID: Req0969062 Date posted 07/07/2022
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Responsible for the reserve methodology and aggregation of analytics to establish an accurate reserve that adequately covers the business credit risk exposure
- Assist in Ad hoc provision analysis
- Demonstrated professional proficiency in loan-level loss forecasting models for PD/PP/LGD/EAD
- Monitor economic stressors to the business and examine the credit risk impact of economic indicator changes on the loss estimation.
- Ability to manage complex processes and deliver results within compressed timelines
- Evaluate model assumptions and weaknesses and prepare reports describing the results of the validation analyses
- Must have knowledge of modeling and conducts research on current risk methodologies
- Participate in analyzing and evaluating complex models by using statistical techniques which directly support critical decision-making processes
- Assist in deep-dive analysis relate to our provision calculation
- Strong desire to proactively identify gaps and improve the status quo
- Understanding and applying proper risk framework to the analysis and modeling.
- Supports projects aimed at designing, developing, and implementing methodologies to measure risk exposure.
- Ability to present findings in a cohesive, clear, and actionable format to the upper management
- Conducts research of current risk frameworks/methodologies and industry developments and active application of the findings in risk modeling and analysis.
- Ensures proper documentation necessary from the compliance standpoint
- Demonstrated aptitude/ preference for working in teams and building relationships.
- A minimum Master’s degree is required in a quantitative field; Majors in Statistics, Mathematics, or Economics are preferred
- 5+ years of experience in risk management or related functions; have a solid understanding of model loss forecasting, contributing to quarterly reporting, collaborating with senior stakeholders, and producing sophisticated complex management packages; applied knowledge of loan loss reserves and solid writing skillset on reserve related memo and committee slide are strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of software applications such as SQL, SAS/Python, Microsoft Office, VBA, Access, R
- Ability to work under pressure when necessary and meet specific objectives consistently
- Knowledge and ability to validate complex forecasting models/ tools.
- Familiar with advanced credit risk management techniques such as parameter estimation, stress testing, model development and validation, model risk management, capital planning, and evolving supervisory policy issues.
- A strategic and tactical thinker with the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Dedication to information integrity, accurate reporting, and strict confidentiality
- Analytical, technical, and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively explain to others how to understand and approach complicated issues
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of personnel
- Vision and ability to provide innovative solutions to core business practices.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship-building, and communication skills (verbal and written).
Primary Location: Dallas, Texas, United States of America
Other Locations: Texas-Dallas
Organization: Santander Consumer USA Inc.
As a part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and clients, we have implemented COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include all or some combination of: disclosing your vaccination status, being fully vaccinated, regular testing, mask wearing and social distancing. As you go through our selection process, the requirements will be clearly disclosed to you.