Sr. Associate, Business Control and Risk ManagementApply Req ID: oQSScfww Date posted 06/18/2020
Summary of Responsibilities:
Support the Director, Strategic Operations, in ensuring that the 1st Line of Defense (“FLOD”) internal control environment is effectively managed.
Through the completion of the Risk Control Self-Assessment (“RCSA”) program, work with the business to appropriately identify, assess, control, monitor, manage, test, report, remediate and train for continuous improvement and to promote an effective internal control environment and culture of risk and compliance.
- Support the strategic plan and culture of risk and compliance through the enhancement and execution of the Risk Control Self-Assessment (“RCSA”) program.
- Proactively identify, assess, manage, monitor, remediate, train and report inconsistencies, redundancies and control deficiencies through execution of the RCSA Program.
- Must understand inherent risk, residual risk and be must able to assess the effectiveness of internal controls.
- Assist with the testing of control design and the testing of control effectiveness for assigned areas.
- Assist with the collection, review and assimilation of RCSA assessment data and reporting into concise and meaningful reports for SC senior/executive management and the Board
- Identify areas of improvement in existing process, methodology, and policies. Identify gaps and recommend enhancements. Drive, adopt and enforce best practices in report templates and tools.
- Stay abreast of industry news and regulatory developments pertinent to the industry to facilitate a more proactive approach to risk identification and mitigation.
- Raise awareness within SC of the importance to embed compliance and risk culture within the FLOD.
- Provide ongoing feedback and support to the FLOD to strengthen the company’s internal control environment. Provide recommendations and challenge for existing and proposed internal controls.
- Respond to required action items from internal or external audits corrective actions in a timely and complete manner.
- Responsible for the successful completion of all mandatory training programs within set timeframes
- Help identify, escalate and resolve risk and control gaps in processes, procedures, and policies.
- Maintain ongoing positive relationships with management throughout the organization and effectively manage and motivate the team.
- Ability to interact with Executive and Senior Management to facilitate the accomplishment of company goals
- Complete reviews/projects and additional work within specified timescales and in line with departmental standards.
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out with a high degree of professionalism.
- Deal effectively with complex and sensitive issues raised.
- Adhere to applicable organizational policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field or similar focus required.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years audit, compliance, risk management or similar experience in financial service industry required.
- Professional certification preferred but not required (CRCM, CIA, CCSA)
- Preferred but not required experience with regulatory requirements including UDAAP, GLBA, Identity Theft, Credit CARD Act, Reg M, FCRA, FACTA, ECOA (Reg B), TILA, FTC Credit rules, Fair Lending, BSA / AML and OFAC.
- Proficiency with Visio, spreadsheets and standard computing applications (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Dedication to information integrity and accurate reporting
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively explain to others how to understand and approach complicated issues.
- Good verbal and written communication, collaboration, and time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to various work environments, industries, and project schedules.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Organizational skills.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.