Sr. Analyst, Business Control & Risk ManagementApply Req ID: 2105830 Date posted 11/05/2021
The Sr. Analyst, Business Control & Risk Management is responsible for various activities related to risk management performance. Works to identify, assess and action various risks throughout the assigned business line by executing defined risk programs. The Sr. Analyst is responsible for developing, analyzing, reporting and challenging data. S/he participates in initiatives and recommends opportunities for improved efficiency, effectiveness and/or risk reduction.
- Acquires and applies a developing knowledge of changes to the regulatory environment to ensure proper compliance with processes and requirements are followed.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and maintenance of our IT risk management framework.
- Assists in the execution of Risk Control Self-Assessments (RCSA's).
- Assists in the fulfillment of our external and internal audit requirements around IT SOX
- Assists with the development and documentation of achievable and sustainable action plans to remediate identified control weaknesses.
- Conducts periodic risk assessments of operational areas to identify areas of risk, including the documentation of risks, identification of risk owners, measurement of risks, and facilitation of appropriate risk treatment plans
- Identifies opportunities for improvement that will strengthen the overall control environment.
- Identifies, analyzes, monitors, and completes control testing, control and risk education, and operational and risk support activities to the business.
- Learns to translate control deficiencies into action plans. Contributes to the enhancement of governance practices in alignment with risk and compliance frameworks.
- Makes recommendations to drive improvement efforts and participates in the remediation through action plan coordination and support., Manages the process of assessing critical risk and controls identified by management.
- Partners with management to identify applicable key risk indicators and to coordinate root cause analysis, action plan development and implementation of needed updates. Assist with special projects related to Controls, on an as needed basis.
- Partners with process owners to identify control failures, and assesses the impact.
- Performs first line of defense data analysis, report preparation and trend analysis, utilizing business intelligence tools.
- Performs ongoing supervision of established business controls and applies maturing knowledge to perform root cause analyses, testing coordination and seeks guidance from team members to evaluate the effectiveness of established business controls.
- Prepares reports and provides insight to business on control / risk management including Error / Near Miss analyses. Responsible for interpreting regulations in order to adjust and improve internal controls.
- Supports management on the identification and measurement of trends and improvements utilizing best practices.
Bachelor's Degree;,or equivalent work experience;
3-5 years; Banking Industry,3-5 years; Risk Management
- Ability to handle diverse workload and tight schedules.
- Ability to intrpret and analyze data with advanced reasoning and analysis skills.
- Ability to lead and drive change.
- Attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
- Control mindset.
- Control testing experience.
- Demonstrable evidence of stakeholder management.
- Developing knowledge of relevant regulatory compliance, industry regulations and regulatory data sources required.
- Effective multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
- Experience in gap or risk analysis.
- Experience working with metric stream.
- High sense of urgency with ability to drive results.
- Issue management experience (validation, mapping to controls, remediation planning, tracking and reporting).
- Knowledge and experience with IT risk management and use of control frameworks.
- Knowledge and working understanding of additional auditing standards, theories, concepts, and terms (including Sarbanes-Oxley, COBIT and the COSO Integrated Control Framework).
- Operational Risk Management Experience.
- Self starter, able to establish relationships and transcend multiple cross-functional/divisional boundaries, largely unaided.
- Solid time management and organizational skills.
- Solid understanding of GAAP.
- Strong collaboration and relationship management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
- Strong risk assessment, negotiation and problem resolution skills.
Primary Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
Other Locations: -,Massachusetts-Boston,Texas-Dallas
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.
As a part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and clients, we have implemented COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include all or some combination of: disclosing your vaccination status, being fully vaccinated, regular testing, mask wearing and social distancing. As you go through our selection process, the requirements will be clearly disclosed to you.