Middle Office OperationsApply Req ID: 2101385 Date posted 04/07/2021
Santander’s Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of capital, treasury management and risk management solutions to thousands of small and mid-sized companies in the northeast and across the country. We also have expertise and provide service to specific industry sectors including real estate, asset based lending, energy, education, health care and government. Our clients rely on the strength of Santander’s balance sheet and the degree to which our relationship managers understand their businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling solutions. In addition, Santander’s significant international presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help companies grow their business, both near and far.
The Middle Office Operations role serves as a lead for the day-to-day operations of a Middle Office support team, providing work direction and technical assistance on complex matters. Leads the daily activities of a Middle Office support team. Reviews data and assists in resolving escalated problems that may arise during the normal daily, weekly or monthly accounting and reporting. Supervises the tracking of data and trades, as well as the maintenance of records. Establishes data maintenance and summarization processes and procedures to improve team efficiency and best support the Middle Office support team. Searches for fail points in processes and provides error reports to clients in compliance with established service level agreements. Reviews error reports from more junior team members and provides feedback.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in identifying and implementing process improvements to reduce audit and financial exposure and improve team efficiency
- Checks exceptions identified by more junior level team members
- Coordinates review of reports and the sharing of reports with Middle Office teams
- Escalates external errors
- Correction of internal errors is at the discretion of the client, if exceptions are found, confirms that internal and client procedures were followed, processing was on time and in line with FCC regulations and no unnecessary steps were taken
- Prepares system-generated reports
- Reviews for exceptions
- Reviews work of junior team members
- Sets standards for teams report output to be shared with client teams
- Supports the achievement of team objectives
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our work force and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience - Business Administration, Finance, or equivalent field
- 3-5 years of operations experience
- A team player who demonstrates work ethic and consistently demonstrates a high level of professionalism
- Ability to quickly learn internal and common industry applications
- Attention to detail with excellent written, verbal, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of commercial or specialty group banking products, and the credit practices/operating risks associated with them
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of credit policy, compliance, and underwriting requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Internet technologies
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to multi-task, and work towards tight deadline
- Knowledge of due diligence and risk management requirements
- Proactive and detail orientated
- Strong technical and analytical skills
Primary Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
Other Locations: Texas-Dallas
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.