Head of DE&I EngagementApply Req ID: Req0921927 Date posted 02/09/2022
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Reporting directly to the Chief Diversity Officer, the Head of DE&I Engagement will develop, lead, assess, implement, manage and oversee DE&I strategies and employee experience programs across Santander US. This role will strengthen and improve the existing programs and initiatives including employee resources groups (ERG’s), advisory groups and the DE&I Council administration. The incumbent will also strategize to help elevate the voice of the employee, the customer and the business to understand how Santander is progressing on DE&I efforts and objectives and identify the right opportunities to drive positive change.
- Researches, develops, recommends, and executes creative strategies to foster DE&I goals
- Support and sponsor existing and new Employee Resource Groups
- Assess existing and develop new company-wide diversity, equity and inclusion programs
- Collaborate with the Chief Diversity Officer to actively and effectively manage the planning and execution of internal and external DE&I programs
- Provide support to the Chief Diversity Officer, DE&I Council, Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and others across the organization to help plan and implement DE&I initiatives and programs
- Help drive DE&I program objectives through thought leadership
- Maintains knowledge of diversity-related issues, legislation, and best practices
- Be a strategic advisor to ERG’s, guiding alignment with firmwide strategy and engagement with initiatives
- Oversee the collaboration with ERG leaders and members, to conceptualize and organize DE&I events
- Work collaboratively across all areas of the organization to guide and inform employees on best practices for creating a more diverse and inclusive work environment
- Scale DE&I programs and tools by designing processes and procedures that can be piloted and implemented broadly across the organization
- Partners with Talent Acquisition and Diversity Recruiter to draft and implement recruiting and hiring strategies to attract employees from diverse background
- Build relationships with internal diversity leaders, diversity professionals at peer and other companies, leaders of diversity organizations and diversity professionals in the community
- Monitor external diversity best practices and make recommendations for new initiatives
- Proactively identifying areas tor drive positive change including but not limited to reviewing employee feedback, incorporate a diverse lens to processes and services, bolstering hiring to build a diverse talent pool, implementing additional required diversity, equity & inclusion training
- 12-15 of managing or directing a team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Development, Communications, Education, Business Administration, Human Relations or equivalent work experience
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to influence leadership leveraging insights from analytics
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with leaders at all levels
- Master of complex facilitation and dependency management techniques (cross team, cross department).
- Strong decision-making skills and able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Experience and credibility in an environment where the ability to influence, work across a complex matrix, and build relationships is critical
- Ability to motivate, influence and optimize senior leadership, stakeholders and peer groups
- A highly effective communicator with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas, concepts, and proposals to engage stakeholders
- Keen understanding and awareness of own diversity and how it impacts and influences their role in DE&I
- Passion for solving tough challenges regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Demonstrated understanding of cultural values and norms of various communities, particularly of communities of color, LGBTQIA+ and underserved communities
- Strong conflict management and conflict resolution skills
- Must be able to problem solve and adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- Strong emotional intelligence and judgment; demonstrated ability to build strong relationships across lines of difference, and points of view
- Strong knowledge of human resources management and employment law, including but not limited to EEO provisions; demonstrated judgment in managing organizational risk, a plus
- Ability to design, track, analyze, and report key metrics related to diversity, equity, and inclusion and measure and report on critical outcomes
- Must have a team player mindset, actively take initiative and have a strong work ethic
- Have a “customer service” orientation with ability to escalate issues when appropriate
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy.
To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of active service in Santander
- Completion of at least twelve months in current position
- Be in "Good Standing"
Please click here to see the full policy- https://tbcdn.talentbrew.com/company/1771/internal_v2_0/img/eligibility.pdf
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Primary Location: Dallas, Texas, United States of America
Other Locations: Texas-Dallas,Massachusetts-Santander Consumer
Organization: Santander Consumer USA Inc.
As a part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and clients, we have implemented COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include all or some combination of: disclosing your vaccination status, being fully vaccinated, regular testing, mask wearing and social distancing. As you go through our selection process, the requirements will be clearly disclosed to you.