Finance & Accounting InternApply Req ID: Req1201740 Date posted 08/24/2023
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Summary of Responsibilities:
Santander Consumer is looking for Finance & Accounting Intern that will have the opportunity to dive into aspects of accounting including journal entries, reporting analysis and reconciliations.
This 2024 Summer Internship is for undergraduate students who have an anticipated graduation date between December 2024 and May 2025.
This internship position is located in Dallas, TX. Before applying, please keep in mind that our internship program does not offer any relocation assistance. To learn more about our summer internship program and the activities included, please visit https://www.santandercareers.com/students.
The Finance & Accounting Intern will be a key member of the organization whose principal focus is to:
- Develop a strong understanding of the company’s products and capabilities, operations and financial performance
- Prepares Balance Sheet account reconciliations in accordance with Policies and Procedures.
- Develop, produce and analyze financial statements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis for management reviews.
- Ensure that management has a thorough understanding of business results through the communication of reporting and analysis.
- Drive business performance through the reporting and analysis of Key Performance Indicators
- Liaise with internal finance departments such as Corporate FP&A, Strategic Planning and Treasury to ensure organizational alignment.
- Develop and implement strategies to best utilize the financial information systems available to provide the most accurate, timely and reliable sources for financial reporting and analysis
- Create an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion where all perspectives are valued and all people are welcomed.
- Currently an undergraduate student at a college or university
- Expected to graduate between December 2024 – May 2025
- Cumulative GPA is 3.25 or above
- Majoring in Finance, Accounting, or related business field
- Highly motivated and results oriented with a desire to exceed expectations
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and courage in their leadership style
- Crisp communication skills with the ability to express facts and ideas clearly both verbally and in writing, interacting professionally, transparently and effectively with people at all levels
- Strong critical thinking with the ability to develop solutions to complex challenges
- Ability to multi-task as required
- Ability to work independently on special projects
- Ability to work in an environment that supports employees from all backgrounds and fosters an environment of inclusion.
- Shifts and/or schedules may change throughout the year as dictated by management and business needs
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate / satellite office role
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs
High School (High School) English
Diversity & EEO Statements: At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Working Conditions: Frequent Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing and walking. Occasional moving and lifting equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown. Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
Employer Rights: This job description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
Primary Location: Dallas, TX, Dallas
Other Locations: Texas-Dallas