Director, TaxApply Req ID: Req0951485 Date posted 05/09/2022
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
USA Job Function Description: The Controllership function is responsible for the operations and controls surrounding accounting, tax and financial reporting of the institution. This function’s responsibilities demonstrates expertise in processing transactions, recording accounting entries, managing the general ledger and reconciliations, and interpreting and complying with technical accounting matters and financial reporting disclosure requirements. Through the Controllership function, stakeholders receive relevant insight and commentary on transaction-level and financial results for analysis and decision making. The Tax function prepares income tax returns and indirect tax filings. Provides research and advice on tax-related matters.
- Direct an experienced team of tax professionals comprised of income and sales & use tax managers, seniors, and analysts
- Manage the preparation and filing of federal, state and local tax returns, estimates, and extensions
- Prepare the Company’s monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting income tax provision and related financial statement disclosures
- Coordinate financial statement and tax jurisdiction audits
- Select, and manage relationship with external tax services providers
- Work closely with US Head of Tax, parent company and other related parties in coordinating the exchange of information and data, including proper compliance with applicable tax sharing agreements
- Develop and implement tax planning strategies to minimize tax payments and ensure recognition of all available deductions
- Direct research and strategic planning efforts related to tax issues; provide tax planning advice related to contract terms and/or conditions to mitigate adverse tax consequences in connection with future activities
- Monitor the Company’s transfer pricing policies and related documentation, including coordination of annual transfer pricing study
- Research new and proposed legislative changes that may impact the Company’s tax positions
- Work with others in the business, including Originations, Servicing, and IT, to ensure customer-related taxes are billed and collected properly
- Prepare and present reports to executive management on tax matters
- Maintain complete and up-to-date policies and procedures governing the tax function
- Implement, document and maintain appropriate internal controls over the tax function
- Research tax issues related to acquisitions, restructuring, and/or tax audits
Special projects as requested. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- CPA required
- Minimum of nine (9) years Tax experience
- Financial Services and Big Four experience required
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of previous management experience required
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local tax regulations
- Proficiency in US GAAP guidance on accounting for income taxes
- Proven track record demonstrating the ability to develop and manage an efficient department
- Ability to lead, manage, develop, and motivate a team of staff members
- Time management skills with strong attention to details; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet assigned project deadlines in a timely manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic and rapidly changing business environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate office role
CPA - State Board of Accountancy Masters of Science (MS) English
Diversity & EEO Statements: At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Working Conditions: Frequent Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing and walking. Occassional moving and lifting equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown. Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
Employer Rights: Employer Rights:This job description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
Primary Location: Dallas, Texas, United States of America
Other Locations: Texas-Dallas
Organization: Santander Consumer USA Inc.
As a part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and clients, we have implemented COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include all or some combination of: disclosing your vaccination status, being fully vaccinated, regular testing, mask wearing and social distancing. As you go through our selection process, the requirements will be clearly disclosed to you.