Director - Business Control Reporting and AnalyticsApply Req ID: oyOSefwc Date posted 03/09/2021
Director – Business Control Reporting and Analytics - Santander Consumer’s Business Control Office drives the development and execution of the First Line of Defense (FLoD) control framework, supporting the broader Santander-US Controls functions. The Director of Business Control Reporting and Analytics is a critical role that supports the broader Santander-US Control Organizations group to ensure that the First Line of Defense (“FLoD”) has appropriate reporting and analytics supporting the internal control environment. This role is critical to effectively manage and promote a culture of compliance through an effective control data framework, and provides support to the Business Process Management Function (or Business Quality Control). The Manager leads a team that works to partner with Control Peers (First and Second Line of Defense) to identify, assess and action analytics needs to enhance the Santander Control framework. The role will participate in initiatives and lead opportunities for improved efficiencies, and drive effectiveness of processes by ensuring a sound Risk reporting framework. The Reporting and Analytics Team supports and monitors Control performance to ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures, federal and state laws, and to support continued enhancement of the Santander risk and control framework.
The successful candidatewillpresent a strong control acumen, significant experience in data analytics and relevant tools, and a strong leadership skillset; these are fundamental to this role. The BCO Reporting and Analytics Role is critical in minimizing the company's exposure to risk, so individual will exhibit abilities to develop analytics in support of the objective, and ensure proper engagement with the Control partners. Individual must exhibit strong presentation and communication skills, as role engages with all levels of Business Executives daily.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead a team of individuals responsible for the execution and enhancement of FLoD Risk and Control reporting across Santander-US Entities.
- Manage and coordinate analytical reporting needs for the FLoD Control units, as SLoD functions as required.
- Identify and drive strategies to enhance data environment and analytics environment.
- Partner with Control Peers and Business to identify opportunities to enhance overall Santander Consumer Control Framework (e.g. automation of manual controls, improvements to established Dashboard, refinement of control quality control reporting to improve reporting accuracy and efficiencies).
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree with business related or similar focus is required, and any Graduate Studies would enhance consideration but not required.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in operations and/or business risk and control analytics experience required. Five (5) to eight (8) years’ experience managing and developing a team of quantitative analysts preferably but not limited to risk and controls.
- Extensive experience in working with data warehousing and data marts required, and evidence of statistical analysis expertise is a plus.
- Experience in SQL data mining experience, and expertise in Tableau or related tools is required. Excellent analytical, technical and problem-solving skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Visual Basic). Individual must exhibit strong presentation and communication skills, as role engages with all levels of Business Executives daily.
Skills & Abilities:
- Understands and communicates impact on line of business of all relevant enterprise/regulatory led initiatives
- Strong risk assessment, negotiation and problem resolution skills
- Strong collaboration and relationship management skills
- Willingness and ability to work remotely or in an office environment.
- Self-starter, establish relationships and transcend multiple cross-functional/divisional boundaries, largely unaided
- Proven ability to apply strategic thinking to multiple, complex organizational and business issues, and translate into practical plans for project execution
- Project management skills
- High sense of urgency with ability to drive results
- Effective multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Demonstrable evidence of stakeholder management
- Risk and control mindset as evidence by previous experience
- Ability to work across business groups and in a team environment
- Ability to lead and drive change
- Ability to handle diverse workload and tight schedules
- Strong leadership acumen and abilities
- Ability to produce and interpret data in support of the risk and control framework
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal, with proven ability to engage across all levels.
- Teamwork, strong motivator, and ability to anticipate change and adapt.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required but at a low frequency.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Preferred location Dallas, but Corporate / satellite office role a consideration.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- Santander Consumer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.