Data Operations EngineerApply Req ID: ot4Ibfwa Date posted 02/21/2020
The Data Operations Engineer III is responsible for the production environment that handles the transfer and processing of data for delivery to the business. Needs to be able to handled production issues, determine workarounds, be able to identify possible escalation steps, and see it though final resolution, while documenting all steps. Should be able to identify areas that need improving or to analyze data to determine issues, offering solutions and seeing them to production.
- Works directly with users to troubleshoot and support incidents regarding failed jobs and systems issues. Tracks all work with through the centralized ticket tracking system.
- Ability to isolate problems between hardware and software. Working with appropriate team(s) and vendors until a resolution has been reached.
- Participates in the planning, implementation and reviews changes to processes that will impact the ability for Data Operations to delivery data to the business.
- Able to work with file transfer and encryption technologies, preferred
- Able to create and execute queries to relational data tables to identify process issues or to perform mass updates, preferred
- Ensures that batch production scheduling and report distribution are accurate and timely.
- Performs ad hoc requests from users such as data research, file manipulation/transfer, research of process issues, etc.
- Ability to share knowledge and explain processes and procedures to others.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
- May assist in other related departments as required by business needs
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics or natural sciences preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ hands-on experience with Control-M or other batch scheduling tools.
- Good working knowledge of file handling: FTP, encryption, compression, preferred
- General understanding of the function of scripts and system commands, preferred
- Experience with database connectivity (both between databases and between database systems and clients to databases) in a diverse computing environment, preferred
- Strong knowledge of MS queries stored procedures and data transformation, preferred
- Be able to isolate problems between hardware and software and provide information to appropriate development team(s).
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem solving, and problem resolution.
- Able to analyze processes to see patterns and recommend improvements.
- Minimum five (5) years’ hands-on experience with Microsoft technologies, local area networks, distributed computing environments and information technologies.
- One (1) year experience in a call center environment, preferred.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years’ hands-on experience with Microsoft SQL Database technologies, queries, SSIS, etc., preferred
- Assist in testing of solutions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be customer-focused.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Extended working hours may be required by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.