Commercial Auto Dealership Underwriter - AnalystApply Req ID: 2001353 Date posted 06/24/2020
Commercial Auto Dealership Underwriter - Analyst-2001353
Santander’s Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of capital, treasury management and risk management solutions to thousands of small and mid-sized companies in the northeast and across the country. We also have expertise and provide service to specific industry sectors including real estate, asset based lending, energy, education, health care and government. Our clients rely on the strength of Santander’s balance sheet and the degree to which our relationship managers understand their businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling solutions. In addition, Santander’s significant international presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help companies grow their business, both near and far.
The Underwriter works closely with the origination team and credit risk management in reviewing and analyzing financial statement reports, conducting due diligence, helping structure the transaction, assessing credit risk ratings, preparing deal screen presentations, writing credit approval memorandums, presenting recommendations to credit committee, reviewing legal documentation, and monitoring and managing the credit portfolio.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists all partners (closing, portfolio, and operations) in the closing of loans
- Decisions loan requests in accordance with the organization's loan policies and procedures
- Orders and reviews appraisals and valuations (real estate, equipment, business, etc.)
- Participates in projects that help improve and streamline the credit delivery process
- Prepares commitment letters upon approval of loan request
- Prepares high quality, detailed credit approval documents that contain an in-depth analysis and an understanding and identification of credit issues and risks
- Recommends proper loan structuring that limits risk
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree (Finance, Accounting, Management, Economics or equivalent field) or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of hands-on commercial auto dealership underwriting experience ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY
- Ability to work on multiple transactions simultaneously and prioritize assignments to meet deadlines and manage expectations
- Ability to work well on a team with different personalities, adjust quickly to various work situations, and remain composed under pressure/in stressful situations
- Familiarity with financial statement analysis
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Proven organizational skills; able to work independently and be detail oriented and thorough
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal, and public presentation skills
- Stays current with industry and regulatory trends and emerging risk issues
- Has good understanding of current market and competitive landscape that the organization operates within
- Uses information and data effectively to support a position and present a rational case