Reporting & Data Analytics, Internal Audit SupportApply Req ID: oC48efwM Date posted 04/07/2021
Job Family: Internal Audit & Credit Risk Review
Serve as the third line of defense, providing the Board Audit & Board Risk Committees and senior management with independent assurance on the quality and effectiveness of internal controls, risk management (current or emerging), governance processes and systems, and lending units (overall asset quality, risk and compliance processes, underwriting policies, procedures, limits, concentrations), thereby helping to protect the company’s value, solvency and reputation. To such ends, Internal Audit evaluates: the effectiveness and efficiency of these processes and systems; compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and with the requirements from supervisors; the reliability and integrity of financial and operational information; and, asset integrity. Credit Risk Review assesses the quality, quantity, direction and overall credit risk in the organization
The primary function of the Supervisor, Business Intelligence & Reporting is to lead the Internal Audit & Credit Risk Review process improvement & development, ensures reporting is performed in a timely manner, ensuring all audit quality and client relation standards are met, and courteous and professional behavior is observed in all situations.
- Collaborates and coordinates with IA & CRR management to ensure that functional informational needs are met.
- Collaborates with data owners to improve and streamline processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value.
- Defines data quality requirements including business rules/controls, metrics and targets.
- Develops and deploys operational dashboards and reports to create significant business impact.
- Identifies inefficient business processes and drives improvements to maximize efficiency.
- Partners and collaborates with the IA & CRR teams to maintain rules and standards to improve data accuracy and value.
- Partners with the IA & CRR teams to lead various process improvement initiatives aligned with our strategic plan.
- Provides additional support for users through training, documentation, system access, query resolution to help them analyze, understand and utilize available BI data most effectively.
- Attends professional training actions provided by the company.
- Demonstrates proactivity in professional development activities.
- Develops a solid understanding of the business.
- Provides consistent quality service to both internal and external stakeholders that meets the company's standards.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to other project managers.
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting, Finance, Business, Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Management Information Systems or related field.
- 7-9 years of relevant experience; At least 5-7 years audit experience.
- CIA or/ and field-related certification (CISA, CPA, CRCM, CRMA, CFE, CAMS, CFSA, CBA, etc.) preferred.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of statistical applications within Financial Services to interpret data requests and identify data analytics opportunities.
- Detail oriented with organizational skills
- Great leadership skills, teamwork skills, as well as the ability to work independently
- Solid diplomatic skills with the ability to resolve conflict in a civil manner
- Time management skills and the ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously and in a timely manner
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking
- Applies advanced skills in operational processes and uses it to improve work efficiency and quality
- Ensures people receive the information they require, and brings the team together to share information
- Fully accountable for timeliness, completeness, quality of projects, processes, products and services
- Remains calm and focused on goals while facing pressures, obstacles or short-term setbacks
- Improves relationships between key individuals to achieve seamless cross-team work flow and positively impact results
- Uses informal networks to gain support for ideas and projects
- Persists in searching out the root causes of major problems rather than being satisfied with partial solutions or "quick fixes"
- Brings new thinking, insights or technology to problem resolution
- Recognizes potential and multiple impacts of change and acts as a coach to help people understand and prepare for change
- Takes proactive action to maintain relationships that are impacted by change
- Takes responsibility for and deals effectively with complex and sensitive customer issues and complaints
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively makes recommendations
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy.
To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of active service in Santander
- Completion of at least twelve months in current position
- Be in “Good Standing”
Please click here to see the full policy - http://thesource.sov.gs.corp/assets/Internal-Recruitment-Guidelines.pdf
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.