Analyst, Pricing Decisioning and ModelingApply Req ID: Req0953922 Date posted 04/29/2022
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Job Function: Pricing
Researches, develops and implements competitive pricing programs and/or banking products and services for various lines of business to appropriately price based on risk, deposit, or credit goals while maintaining profitability. Continuously monitors the market and competitor strategies to ensure pricing is in line to provide consumers and/or clients a fair price while maintaining market share and/or deposit levels. Plans, directs and facilitates all phases of the pricing strategy changes from inception through introduction into the marketplace. Ensures products meet regulatory and industry standards.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Pricing Decision Analyst (Specialist) is responsible for analysis, sales and pricing of a large portfolio of products. Key activities are to develop consistent and reliable reporting and analysis to understand and communicate trends, metrics, and indices needed to drive better planning, pricing, and sales activities. A key part of this role is to proactively review the reports to identify trends that are inconsistent with existing plans so that appropriate action can be taken. This would include price changes, forecasting changes, and agent, customer and dealer level incentives/corrective actions.
- Analyzes and review results of pricing and promotional initiatives in terms of sales growth, margin and profitability growth.
- Utilizes data mining and statistical techniques to develop analytic insights, sound hypotheses, and informed recommendations.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the firm’s operations and business practices.
- Applies statistical techniques to perform root cause analysis, analyze trends, and uncover risks and opportunities relative to portfolio management and originations.
- Produces monthly profitability reporting on originations and proactively monitors pricing and profit key performance indicators.
- Works across the organization to help develop initiatives, solidly based on data results, to drive improved business performance.
- Evaluates Pricing/Rebate structure for key customers and significant industry/peer groups identifying opportunities to improve profitability.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education -
- Bachelor's / Master's in a quantitative field (engineering, economics, statistics, math, physics, etc.)
- Experience -
- 0-2 years of analytics and quantitative problem solving experience.
- Skills & Abilities -
- Attention to detail, excellent organization, ability to prioritize work load and meet deadlines
- Superior quantitative problem solving skills and customer experience intuition
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Rigorous focus on results
- Focused on customer experience
- Patient, willing to learn new skills and build industry knowledge
- Strong intellectual curiosity and affinity for numbers
- Analytical and organized with relentless attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to implement procedures and guidelines
- Proficiency with two or more of SQL, SAS, Python, and R
- Overall proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
EDUCATIONBachelor of Science (BS)
COMPETENCIESBachelor of Science (BS) English
Primary Location: Dallas, Texas, United States of America
Other Locations: Texas-Dallas
Organization: Santander Consumer USA Inc.
As a part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and clients, we have implemented COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include all or some combination of: disclosing your vaccination status, being fully vaccinated, regular testing, mask wearing and social distancing. As you go through our selection process, the requirements will be clearly disclosed to you.