Business Development Officer - Dealer Commercial ServicesApply Req ID: 2103474 Date posted 07/27/2021
Santander’s Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of capital, treasury management and risk management solutions to thousands of small and mid-sized companies in the northeast and across the country. We also have expertise and provide service to specific industry sectors including real estate, asset based lending, energy, education, health care and government. Our clients rely on the strength of Santander’s balance sheet and the degree to which our relationship managers understand their businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling solutions. In addition, Santander’s significant international presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help companies grow their business, both near and far.
The Business Development Officer is responsible for improving and achieving financial growth for the organization. S/he works to develop strategic goals, build key customer and COI relationships, identifies business opportunities and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions. The incumbent retains and expands existing company relationships for one or more divisions, product lines, or market segments, and solicits new business from prospective customers. Calls on existing or prospective customers within the framework of a business development call program.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in the development and implementation of a strategic plan for business development across markets within Dealer Commercial Services space
- Assists in the implementation and coordination of the companywide business development call program
- Calls on numerous local referral sources to generated business
- Discusses customer needs, problems, or complaints, and arranges for meetings between customers or prospective customers and representatives of various company functional areas
- Documents calls and results, and makes reports to management as required
- Focuses on improving brand awareness
- Pre-qualifies clients
- Provides consistent quality customer service to both internal and external customers that meets or exceeds Santander's standards
- Pursues sales lead with RMs and individually across region
- Represents the organization in various civic and community functions to further enhance the bank's image and develop additional business opportunities
- Solicits new business and manages ongoing relationships
- Works with strategic partners to identify cross sell opportunities with existing and new clients and prospects
This role will operate remotely. You can be based anywhere in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana or Kentucky.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and stive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience - Business, Finance, Economics, or equivalent field
- 9-12 years of lending and/or new business calling experience or related commercial banking experience, within the Dealer Commercial Services space
- Ability to analyze/understand leading technologies and companies
- Ability to influence and drive complex initiatives and manage logistics with internal stakeholders
- Ability to translate data into information
- Ability to travel within assigned territory as required
- Ability to work remotely and independently
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and influence others
- Demonstrated complex contact negotiation/creation skills
- Expert presentation and public speaking skills
- High level of proficiency in financial calculations
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products - Word, Excel and Outlook
- Sales oriented, energetic, and self motivated with strong initiative to achieve sales goals
- Self-motivated and adept at setting, driving and leading a team to execute pipeline growth success
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation, as well as analytical skills
- Strong relationship management and negotiation skills
- Very strong interpersonal communication skills, complemented by both excellent verbal and written communication
Primary Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States
Other Locations: Indiana-Indianapolis,Kentucky-Frankfort,Michigan-Lansing,Ohio-Columbus
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.