Solid handshake? Winning smile? Big, bold and bright ideas? If that sounds like you, it’s time to drop everything and start getting excited – because we’re waiting to welcome you to an awesome future. One where you’ll be able to give your entrepreneurial spirit room to grow as you build a rewarding career alongside people as friendly and enthusiastic as you are. So get some screen time with the videos below, and discover how you can Santander.
What makes someone successful at Santander?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Benefits & Rewards
Medical, Dental, Vision Pre-tax Health Accounts, Short- and Long-term Disability EAP, Health Advocate Services
401(k) Retirement Plan Up to 5% 401(k) Matching Additional Investment Options
Paid Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Dependent Care FSA, Tax-advantaged Transit/Parking Legal Assistance Plan
Life, accidental death, business travel accident, long- and short-term disability insurance coverage
Tuition and computer purchase reimbursement, plus discounts for cell phone, fitness and auto/home insurance
Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Time Off, Volunteer PTO, Travel Discounts
As a member of Santander’s retail banking division you’ll help serve Santander’s retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
The Relationship Banker plays a key role within our Retail division and is responsible for delivering personalized financial strategies to clientele through banking and borrowing needs, as well as investment services. The primary objective of this trusted advisor is to grow client assets, retain and acquire new clients. This role will require a holistic delivery of outstanding service and sales solutions to meet client’s financial needs and goals.
- Attends and actively participates in weekly partnership meetings and joint calls with Branch partners
- Creates customized solutions for new and existing clients in order to help them achieve their financial goals
- Engages customers in the lobby to assist, educate and train on how to conduct simple transactions through self-service technologies
- Ensures customers/clients are connected to the appropriate partner to help them achieve their financial goals, ensuring all sales, service and specialized needs are met, and helping to drive overall revenue growth
- Increases profitability by sourcing new customers, prospecting via outbound calling receiving referrals from centers-of-influence, lobby engagement, and via branch partners
- Uses Explore process to acquire and deepen existing relationships
- Bachelor's Degree; in business management, finance, or equivalent field or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years; Experience selling products and/or services in an incentive based environment
- Six months of cash handling experience
- Series 6, 63, and Life and Health obtained within first 10 weeks of hire
- Ability to build solid relationships with teammates, business partners and specialists by fostering teamwork, partnership and collaboration in a virtual or face-to-face environment
- Ability to display a credible, trustworthy, and professional image at all times
- Ability to engage customers for long periods of time
- Ability to identify specific knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for satisfactory execution of the positions primary duties & responsibilities
- Ability to learn and understand technology to assist customers with self-service needs
- Ability to service and transition to appropriate business partners for execution
- Ability to understand and implement process and/or regulatory requirements during all interactions with customers (examples: Anti-Money Laundering, appropriate disclosures.)
- Actively use and leverage current technologies to better understand the technology solutions available to improve our customers financial lives
- Client prospecting and development, customer retention and needs analysis skills
- Demonstrated successful sales experience in a salary plus incentive environment with individual sales goals
- Excellent consultative skills
- Excellent verbal communication and influence skills
- Experience conducting consultative conversations in person and on the phone with proven close rates through a needs-based sales approach
- Skilled at and/or aptitude for assessing customer/client needs, providing applicable solutions/recommendations, and building customer relationships based on mutual trust to optimize sales opportunities to new and existing customers/clients
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Thrive on engaging with customers; can begin a conversation, handle objections, demonstrate patience to teach and so forth
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking
- Adapts quickly to change and makes suggestions for increasing the effectiveness of change
- Appropriately shifts attention and refocuses on new goals as a result of changes in priorities or competing work demands, addresses customers’ requests, ensures concerns are recorded accurately and action is initiated appropriately
- Makes extra effort to satisfy customers’ needs and meet commitments, assesses problem situations and initiates effective interventions that result in customer satisfaction
- Takes time to develop and maintain relationships with customers
- Communicates the importance and benefits of risk management to counterparts
- Displays natural skepticism and curiosity to question the status quo and uncover issues
- Adheres to a good root cause analysis process
- Knows who to reach out to inside and outside of ones team to get work done
- Takes action to enhance working relationships needed to achieve seamless work flow
- Organizes and prioritizes workload and tasks for oneself and team members
- Actively plans ahead for routine and cyclical work
- Probes in-depth to understand the customers’ business needs
- Explores and understands the customer's alternatives and decision criteria
- Understands rationale for change and adjusts schedules and tasks to make things work
- Anticipates and plans for changes in work schedules and assignments
- Understands the relevant products and services and the markets in which they are sold and their risk return to the organization
- Can identify and speak to major operational issues across the organization
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Primary Location:United States
Other Locations:Massachusetts-Brighton-415 Market Street - 00627 - Brighton-Market - Branch
Organization:Consumer & Business Banking (1001)
Job Posting:Jul 1, 2020, 6:52:41 PM
Work in Brighton
Check out where you could be working if you apply.About this location