Model Risk AuditorApply Req ID: 2102108 Date posted 05/07/2021
The primary function of the Supervisor, Audit is to execute complex audit testing around all aspects of model lifecycle including development, validation, implementation, and ongoing performance monitoring. In addition, the Supervisor will start supervising and providing coaching and assistance to less experienced team members as part of internal audit reviews and activities. S/he performs testing in a timely manner, ensuring all audit quality and client relation standards are met, and courteous and professional behavior is observed in all situations.
- Conducts review of development, validation, implementation, and ongoing performance monitoring across different types of complex models including credit, liquidity, valuation, and market risk models.
- Tests all the model lifecycle as per the Supervisory Guidance on Model Risk Management and the Bank’s Model Risk Management policies, standards, and procedures.
- Performs objective evaluations of the adequacy, sufficiency and suitability of the Bank's quantitative models and model risk governance framework.
- Uses guidance provided by industry standards (i.e., Basel, Federal Reserve) and Bank policies and procedures to ensure quantitative methodologies used for models both for business as usual and stress testing purposes are consistent with best practices.
- Communicates audit findings to senior management of model development, validation, and governance groups.
- Reviews and provides feedback to model stakeholders on proposed remediation of identified model issues.
- Attends professional training actions provided by the company.
- Conducts post-audit high complexity follow-up to appraise adequacy of corrective action taken by management to address audit recommendations.
- Demonstrates proactivity in professional development activities.,
- Develops an advanced understanding of the business.
- Documents audit testing and follow-up tasks in accordance to relevant audit standards.
- Examines business records and collects information, exercises independent judgment in identifying issues and assessing risk as well as formulates findings and presents the results to the relevant Sr. Supervisor/ Audit Manager.
- Executes control design and operating effectiveness testing over high complexity areas as part of internal audit reviews and activities.
- Participates in the design of audit test steps.
- Participates in the drafting of audit recommendations to be presented to the Audit Manager.,
- Provides consistent quality service to both internal and external stakeholders that meets the company’s standards., Reviews and challenges the testing and work papers prepared by less experienced team members.
- Starts supervising and providing coaching and assistance to less experienced team members as part of internal audit reviews and activities. As such, starts reviewing and challenging the testing and work papers prepared by less experienced team members.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENTS
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to other project managers.
- Bachelor's Degree Math, Economics, Statistics or other quantitative discipline
- 5-7 years of relevant experience,
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistical modeling approaches,
- Experience with SAS, R, and/or Python,
- Deep understanding of SR 11-7,
- At least 3-5 years Audit Experience; OR [SKILLS AND ABILITIES] Ability to work independently with limited supervision,
- Analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to work independently
- Detail oriented with organizational skills,
- Solid diplomatic skills with the ability to resolve conflict in a civil manner,
- Technology and computer skills, with the ability to effectively use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint),
- Time management skills and the ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously and in a timely manner,
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Adapts quickly to change and makes suggestions for increasing the effectiveness of change Appropriately shifts attention and refocuses on new goals as a result of changes in priorities or competing work demands,
- Communicates in a timely and straightforward manner Probes for additional information, clarifies assumptions and confirms agreed-upon actions Keeps everyone involved informed about progress and issues,
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change Aids and coaches less experienced team members,
- Displays initiative, flexibility and focus to get things done Actively contributes ideas, suggestions, and constructive comments in meetings and discussions,
- Executes risk management process and procedures without management direction, and demonstrates awareness of expected results Knows the relationship and impact of actions and results Understands regulations impacting area supported
- Identifies the component parts of a complex situation or problem and the relationship among variables that are not obvious
- Probes in-depth to understand the customer’s business needs Explores and understands the customer's alternatives and decision criteria,
- Stays current with industry and regulatory trends and emerging risk issues Has good understanding of current market and competitive landscape that the organization operates within
Primary Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Other Locations: -,Massachusetts-Boston
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.