Sr. Supervisor, Credit Risk ReviewApply Req ID: 2101170 Date posted 03/16/2021
The primary function of the Sr. Supervisor, Credit Risk Review is to provide subject matter expertise to the relevant credit risk area or function. In addition, s/he leads and executes onsite and offsite reviews and testing that requires subject matter expertise of the business units and credit functions under review. The incumbent performs testing in a timely manner, ensuring all review quality and internal bank relation standards are met, and courteous and professional behavior is observed in all situations. S(he) acts as a mentor, and provides coaching and assistance to less experienced team members as part of internal audit reviews and activities.
- Assesses asset quality, status and appropriateness of existing risk controls/compliance with established underwriting policies/risk tolerance.
- Assesses/Ensures risk rating integrity and timeliness of rating changes.
- Assists in the oversight of portfolio monitoring functions such as quality control, default/foreclosure management, credit risk/solvency reporting and other portfolio monitoring reporting.
- Communicates findings to Line and Risk management.
- Conducts onsite and offsite reviews, to provide an independent assessment of the quality, quantity, direction and overall credit risk in the organization through planned vertical and horizontal reviews.
- Could lead a small team of reviewers and/or act as Examiner in Charge for reviews.
- Ensures appropriate collection, default management, and foreclosure strategies are in place and followed.
- Ensures appropriate specific reserves are in place and charge-off aretaken timely.
- Ensures appropriate workout and pre-workout strategies are identified, tracked and validated.
- Ensures credit culture is consistent throughout organization and represents approved Risk Tolerance Statements., Ensures underwriting credit analysis is sound and justifies/mitigates the identified credit risk.
- Follows up and track recommended remediation from prior reviews.
- Monitor historical performance through review of various credit metrics and credit risk reporting, inclusive of new originations, rating migrations, exception reporting, monitoring of SCPs, etc.
- Participates and leads onsite and offsite examinations.
- Performs continuous monitoring of the Company’s portfolios through participation in quarterly reviews, HLTs, promontorios and watch assets meetings.
- Prepares planning/intro memo.
- Prepares written summary report of findings, observations and recommendations.
- Reviews individual loan files for compliance with underwriting and default management policy and procedure.
- Reviews required documentation for loan review testing, inclusive of conducting credit file reviews and completing necessary line sheets.
- Reviews various management credit risk reporting to identify emerging risks, recommends deeper dives as required.
- Works closely with Internal Audit to provide assistance in areas where credit expertise is required and ensure no overlaps and no gaps in coverage.
- Works on the necessary sampling, defines scope and type of review.
- Bachelor's Degree; in Accounting, Finance, Business, or equivalent field.
- Master's Degree; in equivalent field.,or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 12-15 years; Banking experience, preferably concentrated in Credit Risk Management or Credit Risk functions such as Underwriting or Originations
- Finance (e.g. CFA) certifications desired.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented with project management skills
- Solid diplomatic skills with the ability to resolve conflict
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of loan procedures and policies
- Technology and computer skills, with the ability to effectively use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Time management skills and the ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously and in a timely manner
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking
- Brings out the best in each team member by consistently motivating and acknowledging peer contributions
- Understands and leverages team dynamics
- Effectively conveys difficult or complex information in an easy to understand manner, by providing the big picture and illustrating important linkages
- Asks open-ended questions that encourage others to give their points of view
- Fully accountable for timeliness, completeness, quality of projects, processes, products and services
- Remains calm and focused on goals while facing pressures, obstacles or short-term setbacks
- Identifies and focuses on resolving the key issue at the heart of the conflict
- Displays strong diplomacy skills; anticipates and prepares for how others will react
- Keeps up -to-date with external market events, pressures and regulations which may impact the organization and assesses whether similar issues exist in the organization
- Can identify functional and organizational implications associated with major trends
- Designs solutions to address industry activities that impact the organization
- Monitors adherence to policies, regulations, processes and procedures within function and actively undertakes corrective action where necessary
- Understands end to end processes across the organization and how processes are integrated
- Has a practical knowledge of regulations impacting area supported
- Reformulates the problem in different ways to evaluate it from different angles
- Stays up-to-date with needs, preferences, trends and practices which impact customers
- Acts as a role model by being a source of advice and knowledge regarding customer issues
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.
Primary Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Other Locations: Massachusetts-Boston
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.