Sr. Paralegal - Legal Answer CenterApply Req ID: 2105295 Date posted 10/12/2021
The Sr. Paralegal assists General Counsel and the attorneys in handling routine matters related to a specific functional area. The incumbent is responsible for managing a daily workload, including updating case status, properly coding accounts within the system of record, reviewing and analyzing documents and pleadings, and following up with attorney and court for outstanding documentation. S/he completes documents for collection litigation, including but not limited to, affidavits. The Sr. Specialist, Paralegal is responsible for providing consistent quality customer service to both internal and external customers that meets or exceeds the organization's standards.
- Assists in the preparation of basic legal documents to support attorneys
- Collects data, prepares reports, and completes audits of collection attorneys and vendor work
- Completes other related duties as directed by the Supervisor as it relates relevant to the position
- Conducts research and gather information
- Documents regulatory and compliance issues
- Maintains and organizes files and databases appropriate to the functional area
- Monitors industry developments pertaining to functional area
- Performs regulatory and compliance research and analysis
- Reviews Federal, State, and Local rules concerning procedure
- Reviews discovery, disposition, trial, and hearing instruments., Supports management by responding to routine matters and questions.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years’ work experience
- Paralegal certificate from accredited program
- Ability to define problems, collect relevant information, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to read and apply laws and governmental regulations with support of attorneys
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work with and communicate with all levels of staff
- Knowledge of basic banking principles
- Proven ability to deliver precise and timely work product, perform under pressure, remain organized and handle highly confidential material
- Strong PC skills, particularly MS Office suite of applications
- Strong legal research skills, including the use of online research tools such as LexisNexis
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills., Thorough knowledge of legal and regulatory issues
- Working knowledge of banking industry practices and regulatory requirements related to liens, levies, garnishments, subpoenas, etc.
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking
- Addresses customers requests, ensures concerns are recorded accurately and action is initiated appropriately Makes extra effort to satisfy customers needs and meet commitments
- Builds and maintains ones network of contacts and resources and knows who to involve in problem resolution
- Communicates in a timely and straightforward manner Probes for additional information, clarifies assumptions and confirms agreed-upon actions Keeps everyone involved informed about progress and issues
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change
- Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members
- Displays initiative, flexibility and focus to get things done Actively contributes ideas, suggestions, and constructive comments in meetings and discussions
- Identifies the component parts of a complex situation or problem and the relationship among variables that are not obvious
- Understands the relevant products and services and the markets in which they are sold and their risk return to the organization
- Can identify and speak to major operational issues across the organization
Primary Location: New York, New York, United States
Other Locations: Massachusetts-Boston,New York-New York
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.