Sr. Director, Risk ModelingApply Req ID: 2000795 Date posted 02/14/2020
The Sr. Director, Risk Modeling is responsible for the design, plan, development, and execution of initiatives and implementation new modeling methodologies and approaches to the management of model risk. S/he robust validations of a wide variety of models against established standards, developing benchmark, challenger and replication models where applicable.
- Advises senior personnel in their communications with risk committees, auditors, regulators, and senior management regarding model risk and its potential effects on the risk profile of the organization.
- Assesses performance and develops staff.
- Attends networking and leadership meetings to communicate results and identify opportunities for continuous process improvement.
- Conducts robust validations of a wide variety of models against established standards, developing benchmark, challenger and replication models where applicable.
- Develops and executes initiatives such as researching new modeling methodologies and new approaches to the management of model risk.
- Evaluates model assumptions and weaknesses, prepares reports describing the results of the validation analyses and list the recommendations for addressing any issues identified.
- Leads the development and prioritization of improved reporting processes and procedures for the Risk Model team.
- Manages the Risk Modeling, Decision Science, and Data department, including multiple teams led by managers.
- Manages the resolution of findings with model owners and developers.
- Partners with model owners and developers to understand the business context for model use, producing technical guidance and adding value to the business process.
- Reviews ongoing model performance, assess overall model health within a given framework, identify potential problems and work with stakeholders to resolve issues identified.
- Bachelor's Degree; Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or equivalent quantitative field.
- Master's Degree or Ph.D.; Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or equivalent quantitative field.,or equivalent work experience
- 12-15 years’ experience
- Ability to adjust to new developments/changing circumstances.
- Ability to build rapport, garnering respect and credibility across lines of business.
- Ability to direct, train and guide peers, subordinates and management.
- Ability to foster and embed a strong risk culture.
- Ability to handle conflict resolution with other groups to ensure appropriate accounting guidance is followed.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced and dynamic financial services environments.
- Ability to influence all levels of employees in a collaborative cross-cultural environment.
- Ability to influence and active persuasion to gain cooperation of others.
- Advanced knowledge and experience using statistical packages for analyzing data sets (Excel, Access, SPSS).,Advanced knowledge of statistical applications within Financial Services to interpret data requests and identify data analytics opportunities.
- Advanced risk, process, and control validation and/or assessment skills.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in data modeling, database design development, data mining, and segmentation techniques.