Sr. Associate, Strategy, Transformation and Corporate DevelopmentApply Req ID: 2101419 Date posted 03/31/2021
The Sr. Associate, Strategy and Corporate Development is responsible for leading research and analysis for strategic projects, including new business initiatives and M&A opportunities. S/he leads the preparation of ad hoc presentations and analysis for the senior management team and coordinates execution of strategic projects across business lines and functions. S/he actively contributes to the success of Santander’s transformation program and works directly with business leaders to assist with business case preparation, implementation, and performance tracking of key initiatives.
- Sources and analyzes key data for the execution of ad hoc analytical projects aimed at understanding and improving the Company's profitability.
- Evaluates M&A opportunities to improve scale and competitive positioning
- Translates multi-year company strategy into tangible and actionable initiatives with defined roadmaps, timelines and impact
- Leads teams in preparation of financial analysis, strategic reviews, pro forma modeling, etc.
- Conducts research and analysis to provide management throughout the company with support and advice for their use in setting and realizing profit objectives.
- Leads development of presentations, executive summaries and ad-hoc analysis for senior management to support development of strategic plans and initiatives.
- Builds relationships with business line and functional leaders to support strategy development and special projects.
Bachelor's Degree; in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or equivalent field or equivalent work experience; MBA Preferred
5-7 years; Investment Banking, Consulting, FP&A or similar field
Understanding of bank balance sheet management and capital requirements
Ability to analyze and synthesize data that is visually appealing and effectively tells a clear story.
Ability to focus on details while understanding the big picture.
Ability to prioritize tasks and projects according to stakeholder and departmental priorities.
Ability to lead teams as well as work independently.
Basic knowledge of financial analysis and valuation concepts.
Detail oriented with ability to research, organize and analyze financial data.
Excellent communications and organizational skills.
Experience with financial forecasting and sensitivity analysis
Progress or plans towards a CFA designation preferred
Proficient data entry skills; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access).
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Strong quantitative, analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
[PHYSICAL DEMANDS] Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking. [COMPETENCIES] Adapts quickly to change and makes suggestions for increasing the effectiveness of change
Appropriately shifts attention and refocuses on new goals as a result of changes in priorities or competing work demands
Communicates in a timely and straightforward manner
Probes for additional information, clarifies assumptions and confirms agreed-upon everyone involved informed about progress and issues
Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members
Displays initiative, flexibility and focus to get things accomplished
Contributes ideas, suggestions, and constructive comments in meetings and discussions
Executes risk management process and procedures without management direction, and demonstrates awareness of expected results
Knows the relationship and impact of actions and results
Has an understanding of regulations impacting area supported
Identifies the component parts of a complex situation or problem and the relationship among variables that are not obvious
Probes in-depth to understand the customer’s business needs
Explores and understands the customer's alternatives and decision criteria
Stays current with industry and regulatory trends and emerging risk issues
Has good understanding of current market and competitive landscape that the organization operates within
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy.
To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of active service in Santander
- Completion of at least twelve months in current position
- Be in “Good Standing”
Please click here to see the full policy -
Primary Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Other Locations: -,Massachusetts-Boston
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.