Sr. Associate, Portfolio Capital AnalyticsApply Req ID: 2101372 Date posted 03/26/2021
Santander's Portfolio Capital Analytics group is responsible for delivering a capital allocation framework to substantiate forward-looking risk-reward measures to actively manage the Banks portfolio.
- Lead the Bank’s capital analytics framework; including deal evaluation IRR tool, portfolio reporting (economic capital reporting, etc), and profitability analyses at the direction of senior management.
- Coordinates with other groups for the improvement of these parameters to support Santander's capital allocation framework and for the implementation of the required infrastructure and platform.
- Conducts periodic methodological benchmarks and gap assessments of current capital management processes against academic studies and papers, leading and emerging industry practices and changes in regulatory expectations.
- Identifies, interprets, and implements emerging regulatory requirements relating to capital management for the Bank, ensuring that Bank-specific regulatory feedback is addressed.
- Analyzes, documents, presents and socializes results to senior management, risk and business leaders and other stake holders.
- Specifies and maintains the data model, data base, and platform required for the execution of the methodology.
- Specifies the parameters required for the implementation of the capital allocation methodology as required by capital management.
- Interacts with T&O and IT for the collection and warehousing of data with the required quality.
- Specifies and develops the capital allocation engine and the RAROC/RORAC methodology, to support Santander's capital allocation framework.
- B.S./M.S. in a quantitative discipline and/or finance degree with relevant quantitative modeling work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in finance or banking as a quant or equivalent experience in other roles.
- Deep mathematical, statistical and implementation knowledge of risk modeling methodologies.
- Proficient in modeling tools and platforms (SQL, SAS, VBA, etc.)
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Several years of experience in economic capital, capital allocation, portfolio credit risk, ops risk advanced models, market risk modeling, or counterparty risk, especially with systems for capital performance and allocation
- Solid understanding of the relevant regulatory requirements associated with economic capital and capital allocation, and with model risk management regulatory guidance OCC 2011-12 / SR 11-7.
- Thorough knowledge of financial and banking products, especially instrument valuation models
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy.
To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of active service in Santander
- Completion of at least twelve months in current position
- Be in “Good Standing”
Please click here to see the full policy -
Primary Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Other Locations: -,New York-New York,Massachusetts-Boston
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.