Sr. Associate, Business Management, Consumer and Business Banking Strategy
Solid handshake? Winning smile? Big, bold and bright ideas? If that sounds like you, it’s time to drop everything and start getting excited – because we’re waiting to welcome you to an awesome future. One where you’ll be able to give your entrepreneurial spirit room to grow as you build a rewarding career alongside people as friendly and enthusiastic as you are. So get some screen time with the videos below, and discover how you can Santander.
What makes someone successful at Santander?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Benefits & Rewards
Medical, Dental, Vision Pre-tax Health Accounts, Short- and Long-term Disability EAP, Health Advocate Services
401(k) Retirement Plan Up to 5% 401(k) Matching Additional Investment Options
Paid Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Dependent Care FSA, Tax-advantaged Transit/Parking Legal Assistance Plan
Life, accidental death, business travel accident, long- and short-term disability insurance coverage
Tuition and computer purchase reimbursement, plus discounts for cell phone, fitness and auto/home insurance
Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Time Off, Volunteer PTO, Travel Discounts
As a member of Santander’s retail banking division you’ll help serve Santander’s retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
The Sr. Associate develops the company's strategic plans and analyzes the organization’s strengths, weaknesses and business opportunities. S/He plans, develops, administers and reviews the company or division strategy, oversees the implementation of organizational priorities, and analyzes the company's economic, regulatory, market and competitive environment by conducting robust research and analyses. Additionally, s/he supports the executive leadership team on any strategic matters and interacts cross-functionally to develop a deep understanding of critical issues and manage high priority strategic initiatives.
- Identifies and analyzes opportunities that may significantly impact the company and its business. Monitors execution of initiatives to capture these opportunities.
- Supports data-driven decision-making by team, functional or business unit leaders. Defines and develops analytical approaches to unprecedented and complex issues.
- Determines where measurement gaps exist and devises new metrics or reports to fill those gaps.
- Reviews operational data/metrics, analyzes and synthesizes the data, then compiles into reports or presentations.
- Navigates the entire firm in order to effectively complete tasks.
- Develops consultative partnerships with internal teams and leaders to understand their strategic objectives, key performance indicators and reporting requirements.
- Communicates with internal teams and leaders to stay abreast of organization and function operations and is familiar with company practices relevant to metrics, performance indicators, reporting protocols, etc.
- Provides guidance to less experienced staff.
- Leads projects including assigning work and monitoring quality and completion.
- Contributes to the achievement of function or business unit objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Relevant business planning, project and financial experience.
- Experience working with Analytics and providing process recommendations.
- Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department.
- Ability to determine and report priorities/metrics to senior management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members.
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Primary Location:Massachusetts-BOSTON-75 State Street - 06366 - State Street-Corp
Organization:Consumer & Business Banking (1001)
Job Posting:Oct 1, 2020, 8:12:12 PM
Work in Boston
Check out where you could be working if you apply.About this location