Sr. Analyst, Financial Planning & AnalysisApply Req ID: 2104438 Date posted 09/02/2021
The Sr. Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis Is responsible for following procedures and practices, conducting or assisting in the documentation and research of basic financial analysis projects. S/he assists in the day-to-day preparation of standardized reports for the team. The role is on the Expense Management team supporting Operations. The successful candidate will work directly with Operations leadership and their teams on day-to-day financial management, annual forecasting, budgeting and headcount management, the role also includes monthly reporting, variance analysis and commentary.
- Analyzes key data during the execution of organizational projects aimed at improving efficiency and/or increase the Company's operating quality standards.
- Assists in the day-to-day preparation of financial planning, reporting, analytics, modeling, etc.
- Conducts research and analysis to provide management throughout the company with definitive financial data and advice for their use in setting and realizing profit objectives.
- Creates presentations, executive summaries and ad-hoc analysis for senior management.
- Follows standardized operating procedures and practices, conducts or assists in the documentation of simple financial analysis projects.
- Liaisons with other department to access key business activity and information.
- Maintains financial statements and prepares special accounting reports for management or for regulatory agencies.
- Provides basic budget training and guidance to budget holders for assigned categories.
- Recommends and implements enhancements to reporting processes.
- Researches and evaluates financial alternatives, possible investments, or acquisition considerations., Researches material variances and completes monthly management and budget variance reporting for assigned categories.
- Supports FP&A team on special projects, analysis, and ad-hoc reporting.
Bachelor's Degree; in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or equivalent field or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years; Financial planning, financial analysis, budgeting, or similar field
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data that is visually appealing and effectively tells a clear story.
- Ability to focus on details.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects according to stakeholder and departmental priorities.
- Ability to work well with teams as well as independently.
- Basic knowledge of financial analysis and budgeting procedures.
- Detail oriented with ability to research, organize and analyze financial data.
- Excellent communications and organizational skills.
- Experience with budgets, planning, and forecasting
- Proficient data entry skills; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access).,
- Strong interpersonal skills., Strong quantitative, analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy.
Primary Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Other Locations: Rhode Island-East Providence,-,Massachusetts-Dorchester,Massachusetts-Boston
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.