Solid handshake? Winning smile? Big, bold and bright ideas? If that sounds like you, it’s time to drop everything and start getting excited – because we’re waiting to welcome you to an awesome future. One where you’ll be able to give your entrepreneurial spirit room to grow as you build a rewarding career alongside people as friendly and enthusiastic as you are. So get some screen time with the videos below, and discover how you can Santander.
What makes someone successful at Santander?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Benefits & Rewards
Medical, Dental, Vision Pre-tax Health Accounts, Short- and Long-term Disability EAP, Health Advocate Services
401(k) Retirement Plan Up to 5% 401(k) Matching Additional Investment Options
Paid Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Dependent Care FSA, Tax-advantaged Transit/Parking Legal Assistance Plan
Life, accidental death, business travel accident, long- and short-term disability insurance coverage
Tuition and computer purchase reimbursement, plus discounts for cell phone, fitness and auto/home insurance
Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Time Off, Volunteer PTO, Travel Discounts
The Sr. Associate, Quality Control Analyst, coperates within the First Line of Defense to execute the Enterprise Risk Framework - ensuring compliance with Regulations, Heightened Standards, and Corporate Policy. The Sr. Associate will help champion the Business Control mandate acting as a critical partner guiding stakeholders to embed risk management practices in the 1st line. The Sr. Associate serves as a subject matter expert by advising and guiding enterprise wide initiative such as risk assessments, KPI development, remediation of issues. Evaluations require collaboration with various stakeholders while influencing parties towards strategic goals. May manage a small team in these efforts.
- Acts as a liaison with Risk and Compliance or second line of defense- to develop and implement new policy requests/revisions, to complete all line of business related risk assessments, risk mandates, continuity plans, resolution plans and execution.,
- Analyzes, evaluates and provides strategic guidance and direction for programs, policies and procedures to ensure alignment with regulatory requirements and acceptable risk mitigation practices
- Develops and implements appropriate controls and procedures reflecting the standards set forth in the policies and Regulations while accounting for risks inherent in the.products, services, types of customers, locations of customers, and functions of the Business Unit
- Develops, implements and monitors compliance program and controls for the assigned area
- Identifies gaps in controls, proposes solutions, and implements corrective actions
- Drives projects to implement the necessary changes to policy, procedures and processes in order to align the Business Unit(s) to the organization's OCC's practice standards
- Effectively partners with line of business to solicit information and to mitigate risk
- Manages complex process evaluations across single or varied line of business
- Provides advisory support for regulatory examinations and audits by defining the how and why for all implemented decisions; ensures all requested documentation is provided
- Recognized as a subject matter expert by advising and guiding enterprise wide initiative such as risk assessments
- KPI development, remediation of issues
- Reports to management on regulatory developments and risks/issues identified within assigned Compliance area
- Regularly provides reports to Retail Risk and Compliance Director on progress
- Supports Business Unit team members in the resolution of Risk related issues.
Bachelor's Degree; Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field.,Master's Degree; Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field.,or equivalent work experience;
5-9 years; 5-10 years experience in the Business Unit.,9-12 years; Risk Management, Internal Controls, Auditing, Credit Management, relevant line of business experience and/or legal or regulatory experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to anticipate the impact of regulatory and other environmental factors and proactively take action to ensure the team/function/enterprise is prepared
- Ability to build credibility with, collaborate with, and influence line of business executives
- Ability to build internal and external networks of information resources within the risk management ecosystem
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external service providers to establish resource requirements, scheduling, assignments and service levels
- Ability to constructively work both independently and in collaborative environments involving all levels of management and employees
- Ability to work with limited oversight from manager.
- Advanced knowledge of the financial services sector, particularly with the competitive dynamics and products in retail banking and risk management.
- Advanced understanding of the regulatory environment and how the risks of the products and services the bank offers are viewed by the Second Line of Defense and regulators
- Demonstrated experience executing risk projects across multiple business lines offering a wide variety of financial services products and services
- Demonstrated judgement in escalation, ensuring risk-based clear line of sight for senior executives into existing and emerging issues/incidents
- Demonstrated thought leadership and application of operational risk identification and mitigation practices and procedures
- Excellent analytical and complex problem solving skills.,In depth research and analysis skills for more complex and critical data, interpret and communicate industry trends
- Strong understanding of BSA/AML and OFAC regulations, regulatory expectations and industry leading practices
- Superior project management skills.
Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Brings out the best in each team member by consistently motivating and acknowledging peer contributions
- Understands and leverages team dynamics
- Effectively conveys difficult or complex information in an easy to understand manner, by providing the big picture and illustrating important linkages
- Asks open-ended questions that encourage others to give their points of view
- Ensures people receive the information they require, and brings the team together to share information
- Ensures that all directs and colleagues have appropriate knowledge of risk and the regulatory environment
- Investigates and identifies the root cause and corrects items deemed non-compliant, regardless of pressures from business or management
- Fully accountable for timeliness, completeness, quality of projects, processes, products and services
- Remains calm and focused on goals while facing pressures, obstacles or short-term setbacks
- Improves relationships between key individuals to achieve seamless cross-team work flow and positively impact results Uses informal networks to gain support for ideas and projects,Keeps up -to-date with external market events, pressures and regulations which may impact the organization and assesses whether similar issues exist in the organization
- Can identify functional and organizational implications associated with major trends
- Designs solutions to address industry activities that impact the organization
- Monitors adherence to policies, regulations, processes and procedures within function and actively undertakes corrective action where necessary
- Understands end to end processes across the organization and how processes are integrated
- Has a practical knowledge of regulations impacting area supported
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Primary Location:Massachusetts-BOSTON-75 State Street - 06366 - State Street-Corp
Other Locations:New York-New York-45 East 53rd Street - 06547 - NY Corp, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia-1500 Market Street - 06439 - 1500 Market Street-Corp, Rhode Island-East Providence-95 Amaral Street - 06359 - Santander Way
Organization:Consumer & Business Banking (1001)
Job Posting:Dec 15, 2020, 5:26:14 PM
Work in Boston
Check out where you could be working if you apply.About this location