Mid-Corp Underwriter & Portfolio Manager (PA)Apply Req ID: Req0973976 Date posted 06/16/2022
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Santander’s Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of capital, treasury management and risk management solutions to thousands of small and mid-sized companies in the northeast and across the country. We also have expertise and provide service to specific industry sectors including real estate, asset based lending, energy, education, health care and government. Our clients rely on the strength of Santander’s balance sheet and the degree to which our relationship managers understand their businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling solutions. In addition, Santander’s significant international presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help companies grow their business, both near and far.
The Mid-Corp Underwriter & Portfolio Manager is responsible for structuring and underwriting loans to new and current clients of the Company. The targeted market for business transacted is both privately held and public companies with annual revenues ranging from $100 million to over $2 billion. This position is the most senior individual contributor level and will report to the regional manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Structures transactions
- Prepares underwriting documents which will also include collateral analysis on multiple asset classes
- Keeps Originators and Relationship Managers readily informed of issues or developments during the underwriting process
- Performs analysis including in-depth reviews of financial statements, projection models, field exams, asset appraisals and relevant credit information
- Oversees internal approval process including ensuring accurate and timely completion of internal approval write-ups and leading deal merit discussion on internal approval calls
- Reviews relevant deal documents / information
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience - Finance, Accounting, Management, Economics or equivalent field. Master's Degree - Finance, Accounting, Management, Economics or equivalent field
- 9-12 years of experience with financial analysis, structuring, underwriting and portfolio management
- Hands-on experience using nCino
- Demonstrated proficiency with Word, Excel, Power Point, spread sheet modeling, and presentation development and delivery skills
- Displays deep understanding of capital structures, with clear knowledge of the difference between senior and other layers of debt
- Exhibits competency at independently reaching conclusions and forms clear view of credit structure and business risk to the Company
- Highly developed communication skills and ability to influences others by persuasively presenting thoughts and ideas to gain commitment and agreement for proposed ideas and solutions
- Highly skilled in financial modeling and able to quickly structure credit in modeling environment
- Able to advise Originators and RMs on how to structure the credit relationship
- In depth knowledge of loan and related legal documents
- Must demonstrate superior practical and conceptual knowledge of credit and risk analysis
Primary Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
Other Locations: Massachusetts-Boston
Organization: Santander Bank N.A.
As a part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and clients, we have implemented COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include all or some combination of: disclosing your vaccination status, being fully vaccinated, regular testing, mask wearing and social distancing. As you go through our selection process, the requirements will be clearly disclosed to you.