IT Audit SupervisorApply Req ID: 2100561 Date posted 03/03/2021
The primary function of the Supervisor, IT Audit is to execute complex audit testing. In addition the Supervisor will start supervising and providing coaching and assistance to less experienced team members as part of internal audit reviews and activities. S/he performs testing in a timely manner, ensuring all audit quality and client relation standards are met, and courteous and professional behavior is observed in all situations.
- Attends professional training actions provided by the company.
- Conducts post-audit high complexity follow-up to appraise adequacy of corrective action taken by management to address audit recommendations.
- Demonstrates proactivity in professional development activities.
- Develops an advanced understanding of the business.
- Documents audit testing and follow-up tasks in accordance to relevant audit standards.
- Examines business records and collects information, exercises independent judgment in identifying issues and assessing risk as well as formulates findings and presents the results to the relevant Sr. Supervisor/ Audit Manager.
- Executes control design and operating effectiveness testing over high complexity areas as part of internal audit reviews and activities.
- Participates in the design of audit test steps.
- Participates in the drafting of audit recommendations to be presented to the Audit Manager.
- Provides consistent quality service to both internal and external stakeholders that meets the company's standards.
- Reviews and challenges the testing and work papers prepared by less experienced team members.
- Starts supervising and providing coaching and assistance to less experienced team members as part of internal audit reviews and activities. As such, starts reviewing and challenging the testing and work papers prepared by less experienced team members.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to other project managers.
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, System Engineering, Technology discipline, or related field.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- At least 3-5 years Audit Experience
- Ability to quickly learn new information technologies and systems in order to evaluate controls.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Analytical and problem solving skills as well as the ability to work independently
- Detail oriented with organizational skills
- Solid diplomatic skills with the ability to resolve conflict in a civil manner
- Technology and computer skills, with the ability to effectively use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Time management skills and the ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously and in a timely manner
- Understand Auditing Accounting and IT general controls (Computer Operations, Access Controls Systems, Change Management, Database Management and Operating systems)
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Adapts quickly to change and makes suggestions for increasing the effectiveness of change
- Appropriately shifts attention and refocuses on new goals as a result of changes in priorities or competing work demands
- Communicates in a timely and straightforward manner
- Probes for additional information, clarifies assumptions and confirms agreed-upon actions
- Keeps everyone involved informed about progress and issues
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change
- Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members
- Displays initiative, flexibility and focus to get things done
- Actively contributes ideas, suggestions, and constructive comments in meetings and discussions
- Executes risk management process and procedures without management direction, and demonstrates awareness of expected results
- Knows the relationship and impact of actions and results
- Has an understanding of regulations impacting area supported
- Identifies the component parts of a complex situation or problem and the relationship among variables that are not obvious
- Probes in-depth to understand the customer's business needs
- Explores and understands the customer's alternatives and decision criteria
- Stays current with industry and regulatory trends and emerging risk issues
- Has good understanding of current market and competitive landscape that the organization operates within
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.
Primary Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Other Locations: Texas-Dallas,Massachusetts-Boston
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.