Head of Operations ProcessingApply Req ID: 2100747 Date posted 05/03/2021
Reporting directly to the Head of SBNA Operations, the Head of Operations Processing provides strategic leadership over deposit processing, personal loan underwriting and the end to end payment operations process. S/he leverages data and metrics to improve the customer experience, drive costs out of the business and meet or exceed established processing SLAs. S/he establishes and maintains strong working relationships with key business partners (i.e. 1st and 2nd Line Risk, Technology, Business and Product teams, etc.) and others to manage risk and the customer experience. Leads and develops the Operations processing team.
- Ensures business stability, growth, strategic alignment and enhanced profitability.
- Maintains integrated view of market trends and competitive position.
- Analyzes, plans and executes pilots and proof-of-concepts for emerging payments and new technologies.
- Translates the wider goals and vision of the organization into service and team specific objectives, and priorities, identifying opportunities to further enhance systems and processes by making best use of available technologies.
- Collaborates, defines and executes the strategic direction of Operations Processing team.
- Develops, leads and motivates the Operations Processing team to deliver high standards of operational excellence as a high performing team and a culture of best practice.
- Delivers efficient and effective processing of financial transactions across channels in a high-volume environment.
- Identifies and drives initiatives to prevent and reduce losses related to customer verification, billing and payments.
- Serves as an escalation point for issues and works closely with the SBNA Operations leaders and other teams to quickly resolve issues.
- Ensures timely and professional communication with internal and external customers to minimize losses in all business lines.
- Conducts various assessments and audits to ensure department procedures are achieving accurate and desired results.
- Interacts with internal and external auditors to assist in reviews and examinations. Follow up and correct any items addressed and ensure necessary changes or recommendations have been implemented as directed.
- Investigates and resolves internal customer concerns.
- Performs due diligence visits with potential servicers to define operational workflow requirements and identify any concerns
- Provides onsite support for new servicer integration projects, which often require multi-month projects to build out new workflows
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 15+ years’ experience leading large cross functional teams
- Aptitude for building relationships, along with the ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience
- Fast learner with the ability to process large amounts of information to determine operational requirements and potential issues
- Demonstrates a deep and contemporary knowledge of organizational/bank operations and business process management
- Advanced problem-solving skills to identify and independently resolves problems in a timely manner
- Ability to gather and analyze information skillfully and thoroughly in order to develops documents and communicate solutions
- Reacts positively and effectively with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Must be receptive to new ideas and embrace changing responsibilities with a positive attitude
- Extensive software application knowledge related to loan features and functionality including but not limited to application, onboarding, underwriting, processing, workflow, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of banking products and services
- Able to respond promptly to customer needs with flexible approach or method to best fit the situation and technical skills of the end-user
- Ability to respond positively to questions as well as soliciting and applying customer feedback
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to professionally resolve issues with internal and external customers and communicate technical information clearly based on the need of the end-user
- Ability to adapt to fluctuations in workload
- Ability to read and interpret written technical information
- Possess technical communication skills in order to provide and prepare training and tutorial information in an effective format for all technical skill levels of internal and external customers
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Primary Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Other Locations: Massachusetts-Boston
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.