Finance InternApply Req ID: Req1200067 Date posted 08/18/2023
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Summary of Responsibilities:
During their 10-week internship, candidates will be aligned to one of our core Finance teams: Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Treasury & Capital Management, Finance Operations, or Finance Shared Services.
This 2024 Summer Internship is for undergraduate students who have an anticipated graduation date in May 2025. The application deadline for this position is Sunday, October 16, 2023.
This internship position is located in Boston, MA. Before applying, please keep in mind that our internship program does not offer any relocation assistance. To learn more about our summer internship program and the activities included, please visit https://www.santandercareers.com/students.
The Finance Intern will develop skills to support key initiatives, such as:
- Production and analysis of financial statements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis for management reviews
- Development of the annual budget, the strategic plan and monthly forecasts
- Ensuring that management has a thorough understanding of business results through the communication of reporting and analysis
- Reporting on Key Performance Indicators to summary business performance
- Implementation of strategies to best utilize the financial information systems available to provide the most accurate, timely and reliable sources for financial reporting and analysis
- Creating an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion where all perspectives are valued and all people are welcomed
- An undergraduate student finishing school in Fall 2023 or Spring 2024
- Cumulative GPA is 3.0 or above
- Highly motivated and results oriented with a desire to exceed expectations
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and courage in their leadership style
- Crisp communication skills with the ability to express facts and ideas clearly both verbally and in writing, interacting professionally, transparently and effectively with people at all levels
- Strong critical thinking with the ability to develop solutions to complex challenges
- Ability to work independently on special projects
- Ability to work in an environment that supports employees from all backgrounds and fosters an environment of inclusion
- Shifts and/or schedules may change throughout the year as dictated by management and business needs
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
High School (High School) English
Diversity & EEO Statements: At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Working Conditions: Frequent Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing and walking. Occasional moving and lifting equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown. Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
Employer Rights: Employer Rights: This job description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
Primary Location: Boston, MA, Boston
Other Locations: Massachusetts-Boston