Finance Intern - Summer 2021 - Boston, MAApply Req ID: 2002979 Date posted 09/18/2020
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Finance Intern may be responsible for supporting the following business units: Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis, Corporate Development, Capital Markets, and/or Treasury.
This 2021 Summer Internship is for undergraduate students who have an anticipated graduation date between December 2021 and May 2022.
The application deadline for this position is Sunday, October 18, 2020. All applications received after October 18 will be considered on an as-needed basis.
This internship position is located in Boston, MA. Before applying, please keep in mind that our internship program does not offer any relocation assistance. To learn more about our summer internship program and the activities included, please visit https://www.santandercareers.com/students.
The Finance Intern will be a key member of the organization whose principal focus is to:
·Lead the development of the annual budget, the strategic plan and monthly forecasts.
·Develop, produce and analyze financial statements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis for management reviews.
·Ensure that management has a thorough understanding of business results through the communication of reporting and analysis.
·Drive business performance through the reporting and analysis of Key Performance Indicators against budget and prior year.
·Liaise with internal finance departments such as Corporate FP&A, Strategic Planning and Treasury to ensure organizational alignment.
·Develop and implement strategies to best utilize the financial information systems available to provide the most accurate, timely and reliable sources for financial reporting and analysis
·Estimated % Time Spent on Responsibilities:
oAd Hoc Reporting/Analysis as needed - 30%
oFP&A standard reporting - 20%
oStrategic planning development and validation - 15%
oDivision, business line, market, branch and product profitability analysis/reporting - 15%
oForecast development and validation - 10%
oBudget development and validation - 10%
- Shifts and/or schedules may change throughout the year as dictated by management and business needs
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate / satellite office role
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- An undergraduate student finishing school in Fall 2021 or Spring 2022
- Cumulative GPA is 3.5 or above
- Highly motivated and results oriented with a desire to exceed expectations
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and courage in their leadership style
- Crisp communication skills with the ability to express facts and ideas clearly both verbally and in writing, interacting professionally, transparently and effectively with people at all levels
- Strong critical thinking with the ability to develop solutions to complex challenges
- Ability to multi-task as required
- Ability to work independently on special projects