Solid handshake? Winning smile? Big, bold and bright ideas? If that sounds like you, it’s time to drop everything and start getting excited – because we’re waiting to welcome you to an awesome future. One where you’ll be able to give your entrepreneurial spirit room to grow as you build a rewarding career alongside people as friendly and enthusiastic as you are. So get some screen time with the videos below, and discover how you can Santander.
What makes someone successful at Santander?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Benefits & Rewards
Medical, Dental, Vision Pre-tax Health Accounts, Short- and Long-term Disability EAP, Health Advocate Services
401(k) Retirement Plan Up to 5% 401(k) Matching Additional Investment Options
Paid Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Dependent Care FSA, Tax-advantaged Transit/Parking Legal Assistance Plan
Life, accidental death, business travel accident, long- and short-term disability insurance coverage
Tuition and computer purchase reimbursement, plus discounts for cell phone, fitness and auto/home insurance
Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Time Off, Volunteer PTO, Travel Discounts
As a member of Santander’s retail banking division you’ll help serve Santander’s retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
Ensures a sound operational and compliance control environment through establishment of a system of internal controls. The Director, Business Control & Risk Management provides strategic business leadership around key activities within the business related to identifying, assessing, mitigating and managing risk and ensures the existence of appropriate product and platform supervisory controls. The primary responsibility of the Director is the improvement of the control environment in the Line of Business ( LOB). Oversees and evaluates the various components of the business and operating functions across the collective and individual businesses.S/he evaluates the industry, market and regulatory environment to anticipate changes and help ensure appropriate alignment with potential business scenarios. Additionally, The Director leads a team that works to identify, assess and action various risks throughout the assigned business lines by executing defined multiple risk programs. This role will lead governance routines to report and escalate as necessary to executive management or corporate risk partners while driving to institutionalize a cultural awareness of risk management practices and interacts with all lines of internal risk management peers including other first line of defense teams, corporate risk functions and internal audit.
- Analyzes risks related to new or modified products and business activities and assess controls for mitigating risks
- Completes the risk assessment with the SME
- Continuously monitors sources of risk within LOB KRIs, KPIs, QC functions, control testing, losses, fraud, incidents, and industry events. Identify control or P&P updates
- Contributes as senior leader in Risk and Compliance in the formulation of strategy and tactics to meet organizational goals for client satisfaction, timeliness, quality, financial results and employee engagement
- Creates and executes a framework for staying informed and current on the risk appetite and metrics of peer organizations and industry leaders, and incorporate findings as appropriate into Regional Bank risk management disciplines and approaches
- Creates and manages an escalation process for constructive engagement with the Second and Third Lines of Defense regarding differences or conflicts in operational risk appetite, risk metric determination or evaluation, issue severity or other areas of dispute
- Directs staff of operational risk management professionals to partner with a wide variety of lines of business in the creation, assessment, monitoring, controlling, mitigation and reporting of non-credit risks, metrics, controls and issues to achieve risk management organizational goals in alignment with enterprise policies and procedures
- Documents change management risks, controls and readiness for change initiatives (NPBA)
- Drives key risk initiatives; Retail Product Governance, Digital Straight Through Processing, Gap Analysis, FCRA, Deposit Recon, Mortgage Bankruptcy Statements, CDD, Payments, GL Recon
- Drives Issue identification and remediation., Engages business on key industry or regulatory events and trends
- Keeps LOB Head informed on status of program execution and emerging risks
- Leads analysis of key risks and regulatory deficiencies, elevates risk issues, breaches and solutions and supports remediation work
- Leads and coaches team members to ensure all activities and deliverables achieve their timeliness, quality and accuracy service levels
- Leads team members in their collaboration with the leadership of Operational Risk Services to schedule, tailor, guide and approve its activities and deliverables to meet the needs of each line of business
- Monitors, tracks and reports on issue remediation
- Negotiates role and responsibility assignments (including cost allocations) between R&C and the lines of business to improve efficiency while addressing individual business? capabilities and product/service offerings
- Plan annual compliance training with SL & LOB
- Provides guidance on updates to procedures
- Reviews risk metrics and reporting with LOB., SME for program requirements, processes, systems (process mapping, testing, disaster recovery planning, TPRM oversight)
- Works with LOB to identify, update and prioritize key business processes (RCSA)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field,
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field, or equivalent work experience of 12-15 years in Risk Management
- Ability to drive results and meet deadlines to reduce risks
- Ability to interpret rules and regulation to influence business decision-making. Analyze highly complex business issue by incorporating company and industry knowledge and sound analytical processes
- Ability to manage complexity, including in troubleshooting problems or in developing process or other solutions
- Ability to understand complex technical systems and the business processes they support; synthesize the corresponding risks and controls and recommend adjustments
- Demonstrated knowledge of operating in a regulated entity
- Demonstrated people leadership experience, either through direct leadership or coaching/mentoring role
- Excellent communication skills, including an ability to influence stakeholders across the organization, to speak effectively in small and large-group settings, and to write clearly in internal memos, presentations and e-mails
- Strong ability to lead, partner, and influence across all leadership levels
- Strong attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment
- Understands and leverages team dynamic
- Effectively conveys difficult or complex information in an easy to understand manner, by providing the big picture and illustrating important linkages Asks open-ended questions that encourage others to give their points of view
- Ensures people receive the information they require, and brings the team together to share information
- Ensures that all directs and colleagues have appropriate knowledge of risk and the regulatory environment
- Investigates and identifies the root cause and corrects items deemed non-compliant, regardless of pressures from business or management
- Fully accountable for timeliness, completeness, quality of projects, processes, products and services
- Remains calm and focused on goals while facing pressures, obstacles or short-term setbacks
- Improves relationships between key individuals to achieve seamless cross-team work flow and positively impact results
- Uses informal networks to gain support for ideas and projects
- Keeps up -to-date with external market events, pressures and regulations which may impact the organization and assesses whether similar issues exist in the organization
- Can identify functional and organizational implications associated with major trends
- Designs solutions to address industry activities that impact the organization
- Monitors adherence to policies, regulations, processes and procedures within function and actively undertakes corrective action where necessary
- Understands end to end processes across the organization and how processes are integrated
- Has a practical knowledge of regulations impacting area supported
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply
Primary Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Other Locations: Massachusetts-Boston
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.
Work in Boston
Check out where you could be working if you apply.About this location