Client Support RepresentativeApply Req ID: 2103298 Date posted 07/09/2021
Santander’s Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of capital, treasury management and risk management solutions to thousands of small and mid-sized companies in the northeast and across the country. We also have expertise and provide service to specific industry sectors including real estate, asset based lending, energy, education, health care and government. Our clients rely on the strength of Santander’s balance sheet and the degree to which our relationship managers understand their businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling solutions. In addition, Santander’s significant international presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help companies grow their business, both near and far.
The Client Support Representative provides day-to-day service and support to assigned Santander clients via telephone, email and face-to-face communication. S/he identifies opportunities to enhance client relationships through services and products that meet the customers' needs. The incumbent answers client inquiries and provides fundamental client education on Santander products and services. S/he conducts follow up on all paperwork submitted to ensure it is completed accurately and in a timely manner by internal supporting departments. S/he manages client inquiries and provides clients with basic education on Santander products and services. Manages client inquiries from initiation through resolution by collaborating with internal supporting departments ensuring accurate and timely responses to customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages phone and email inquiries from customers on a daily basis. Inquiries can include topics such account opening, balance inquiries, payment processing, etc.
- Accurately manage client case-load through customer relationship management (CRM) tool, Service Cloud (Salesforce) and proactively collaborate with appropriate internal department to meet designated service level agreements.
- Complies with all company and risk management policies and procedures.
- Identify and report issues that could potentially expose clients or the bank to unnecessary risk
- Troubleshoots and investigates customer issues and onboard new clients.
- Types correspondence as needed (commitment letters, general correspondence).
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 0-3 years - Experience in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, and Word).
- 3-5 years - Customer service or customer-facing role. Ability to exercise sound judgment and make prudent decisions.
- Ability to identify and resolve exceptions and to interpret data.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to operate a wide range of office technology, such as operating a multi-line telephone system, computer, copier and fax machine.
- Active listener who is patient and asks appropriate questions when necessary.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal).
- Fluid in adapting to and embracing change for themselves and with others.
- Proven customer service/relations skills.
- Addresses customer requests, ensures concerns are recorded accurately and action is initiated appropriately.
- Assesses problem situations and initiates effective interventions that result in customer satisfaction.
- Takes time to develop and maintain relationships with customers.
- Ability to multi-task and collect information through focused questions to customers and partners that clearly identifies the problem and starts
- Knowledgeable with computers and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works toward shared goals by contributing ideas and accepting change. Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members.
- Probes in-depth to understand the customer’s business needs. Explores and understands the customer's alternatives and decision criteria.
- Sees through complexity and detail to get to the critical issues at hand. Able to take into account the wider context within which problems exist.
- Internally driven to help customers solve their issues.
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills.
- Ability to maintain high performance in a dynamic environment.
Primary Location: East Providence, Rhode Island, United States
Other Locations: Massachusetts-Boston,Rhode Island-Providence,Rhode Island-East Providence
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.