Associate, Strategy, Transformation & Corporate DevelopmentApply Req ID: Req0953117 Date posted 04/28/2022
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The Associate, Strategy, Transformation & Corporate Development is a key position within the Corporate Strategy team. The incumbent provides high level support for various projects and conducts financial, personnel, product, market, operational, and related research to support strategic and business planning. The incumbent develops economic demographic, business, and sociological forecasts to support development of plans and strategies. The incumbent serves as a subject matter expert and mentor to those who are responsible for supporting key operational functions and providing recommendations for improvement by facilitating alternatives to complex business problems and by recommending improvement strategies. This is a high visibility internal consulting type role with frequent interactions with senior management.
Develops the company's long range strategy and strategic plans and identifies organization strengths, weaknesses and business opportunities. Plans, develops, administers and reviews the company or division strategy. Oversees the implementation of organization directives and policies and analyzes the company's economic, regulatory, market and competitive environment by conducting internal technical and financial analyses. Responsible for the strategic planning process which includes analysis of business performance vs. peers, gathering and understanding industry-specific trends and tracking peer company's performance (financial and competitive). Supports the executive leadership team on any strategic matters and interacts with other lines of business and corporate divisions to develop a deep understanding of critical issues and manage high priority strategic initiatives.
- Initiates, leads and/or supports projects that have a high level of complexity and visibility/impact across the organization.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of overall business functions with in-depth knowledge of specific areas/functions and related activities.
- Provides expertise in development of business goals and objectives to exploit all distribution channels, leverage use of data, and simplify processes.
- Serves as focal point for external agencies/service providers regarding daily operational activities or proposed strategic changes to the services being performed.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Work Experience: 5+ years relevant business planning, project and financial experience.
- Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department
- Ability to determine and report priorities/metrics to senior management
- Ability to manage multiple small to medium sized projects simultaneously
- Ability to research, analyze, document, and present organizational metrics that drive business decisions
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
EDUCATIONBachelor of Science (BS) (Required), Masters of Business Administration (MBA), Masters of Science (MS)
COMPETENCIESMasters of Business Administration (MBA) Spanish
Primary Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
Other Locations: Massachusetts-Boston
Organization: Santander Bank N.A.
As a part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and clients, we have implemented COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include all or some combination of: disclosing your vaccination status, being fully vaccinated, regular testing, mask wearing and social distancing. As you go through our selection process, the requirements will be clearly disclosed to you.