Associate, PPNR & AnalyticsApply Req ID: 2002822 Date posted 09/11/2020
The Associate, Financial Planning & Analysis will work with the PPNR & Analytics team to perform complex data analysis using advanced modeling software, design forecasting strategies, develop statistical models, execute and manage the ongoing maintenance of PPNR model inventory. S/he will liaise with key stakeholders, develop forecasting methodologies, support stress testing and strategic planning efforts, and fulfils regulatory reporting requirements.
- Development, implementation and execution of PPNR forecasting and stress testing models
- Support data acquisition, modeling design, development, validation, implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Work with stakeholders across various departments (Business Finance, Model Risk Management, Risk, Capital, Technology & Operations etc.) to effectively address data, process, model, analytics and policy gaps involving PPNR models and expert judgement methodologies
- Produce and maintain robust documentation of all PPNR models, related processes and controls
- Develop analysis to support assessment and challenge of the forecasting approach/assumptions and present adequate information to facilitate effective challenge at senior management levels
- Perform ad-hoc analyses to effectively address key stakeholder concerns and explain forecasts generated for regulatory reporting and strategic planning purposes
- Optimize existing reporting framework by adopting efficient techniques to automate manual processes
- Develop robust internal controls for the PPNR forecasting process
- Contribute toward the planning centralization effort by successfully collaborating with stakeholders in business finance, risk, treasury, accounting, etc
- Bachelor's Degree: Mathematics, Statistics, Financial Engineering or equivalent field
- Master's Degree: Mathematics, Statistics, Financial Engineering or equivalent field preferred
- 5-9 years’ work experience in a quantitative/analytical role in banking or financial services industry
- Technical Qualifications & Skills: programing experience in SAS, SQL, VBA, R;
- Strong Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Demonstrated financial modeling knowledge and skills with strong analytical, qualitative, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills; ability to interact effectively with all levels in the organization.
- Strategic and analytical thinker, with a passion for pro-actively devising and implementing effective solutions to complex problems
- Detail oriented with the ability to research, organize and analyze financial data.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet strict deadlines.
- Possesses a fundamental understanding of regulatory requirements and impact thereof
- Fosters a good working environment and embraces team spirit; works towards shared goals by contributing ideas and accepting change
- Anticipates and plans for changes in work schedules and assignments