Associate, Portfolio Management & OversightApply Req ID: 2101006 Date posted 03/08/2021
Monitor activities to minimize the company's exposure to risk. Activities may include quantitative analysis, governance, reporting, risk identification and remediation. Represents or supports the reputation of the company to minimize compliance and regulatory risk by resolving issues and ensuring adherence to company and legal standards. Responsible for ensuring that all of the company's activities adhere to the necessary rules and regulations, and that the company complies with legal/regulatory statutes and jurisdictions.
- Execute IFRS and CECL Loss Forecasting activities, including model execution, risk committee’s and policy management
- Develops models, metrics, and controls that the company utilizes in the allowance and risk analytics process
- Provides thoughtful risk-based analysis to enhance reporting functionality and automation of processes
- Builds and delivers statistical analysis in support of risk related projects and initiatives
- Recommends improvements to current processes.
- Performs extensive data analysis including data profiling and data quality analysis.
- Develops and/or significantly improves models and metrics to deliver detailed analysis to management
- Leads other loss forecasting month end and quarter-end process including planning, review, attribution analysis, preparation of materials for the committees and documentation
- Facilitates effective communications among business lines and leadership to ensure comprehensive understanding of needs, expectations, and requirements.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in Business, Finance, Economics or equivalent degree (required)
- Master's Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or equivalent area (preferred)
- 5-9 years in credit risk, risk analytics, modeling or related area (required)
- 5-9 years in financial services industry (required)
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of risk management practices, identification, resolution and implementation.
- Advanced knowledge of risk management best practices and how to implement them.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in modeling and data mining applications (SAS, SQL, VBA)
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analysis skills with attention to detail.
- Detail orientated with the ability to also understand overall strategy.
- Ability to synthesize information from a variety of data sources into a logical, organized and concise manner.
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to adjust to new developments/changing circumstances
- Ability to lead, influence and direct peers, subordinates and management.
- Ability to convey a sense of urgency and drive
- Ability to build and foster internal relationships
- Ability to analyze risk and design efficient control practices to mitigate risk
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to be adept in identifying and resolving complex risk management problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong project management skills
Primary Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Other Locations: Massachusetts-Boston
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.