Associate, Financial Planning & AnalysisApply Req ID: 2102766 Date posted 06/10/2021
The Associate, Financial Planning & Analysis manages one or more processes, projects, or procedures within the Financial Planning & Analysis functionality. S/he will provide well-analyzed and defined recommendations on process improvements while influencing others regarding the FP&A policies, practices, and procedures.
- Acts as a subject matter expert while providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to other project managers.
- Acts as subject matter expert providing functional and technical guidance to team.
- Coaches and reviews the work of lower level professional to help execute the financial management function.
- Delivers well-analyzed financial forecasts to support the businesses strategic direction and budget.
- Develops, improves, independently manages one or more processes (reporting, projects, systems, procedures, or products) within the Financial Planning & Analysis structure.
- Enhances the financial understanding of business lines, products and segments to aid reporting, forecasting and business decision making.
- Implements solutions to existing problems.
- Influences others regarding FP&A process policies, procedures, and practices.
- Informs and becomes informed via an exchange of facts, statuses, ideas, and issues.
- Manages and is accountable for the growth of FP&A accounts., Recommends industry and peer data sources to enhance reporting with benchmarks to support business cases.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to other project managers.
- Bachelor's Degree; Business Administration, Accounting and/or Economics or equivalent field
- Master's Degree; Business Administration, Accounting and/or Economics or equivalent work experience; 5-9 years; Financial Planning and Analysis in the Banking or Financial Services Industry
- Ability to convey a sense of urgency and drive issues/projects to closure.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex financial transactions and strategies.
- Ability to effectively interact with the market, executive management and vendors.
- Ability to listen and interpret the requirements of internal clients, plan accordingly, and exceed expectations.
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated financial modeling knowledge and skills with strong analytical, qualitative, and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to research, organize and analyze financial data.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships at all levels of management.
- Excellent leadership skills., Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Word.
- Strong experience in and knowledge of financial planning and analysis.
- Strong financial analysis, modeling, and problem-solving.
Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy.
Addresses customer’s requests, ensures concerns are recorded accurately and action is initiated appropriately
Makes extra effort to satisfy customers’ needs and meet commitments
Communicates in a timely and straightforward manner
Probes for additional information, clarifies assumptions and confirms agreed-upon actions
Keeps everyone involved informed about progress and issues
Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change Aids and coaches less experienced team members
Executes risk management process and procedures without management direction, and demonstrates awareness of expected results
Knows the relationship and impact of actions and results
Has an understanding of regulations impacting area supported
Persists in searching out the root causes of major problems rather than being satisfied with partial solutions or “quick fixes” Brings new thinking, insights or technology to problem resolution
Personally follows-up with others to check on progress, uncover problems, and identify areas where assistance is necessary
Takes initiative to act on new information and preemptively develops options and plans of actions
Understands rationale for change and adjusts schedules and tasks to make things work
Anticipates and plans for changes in work schedules and assignments
Understands specific financial and accounting standards to identify and assess the impact and likelihood of operational risks
Primary Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Other Locations: -,Massachusetts-Boston
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.