Associate, Financial Planning & AnalysisApply Req ID: Req0951664 Date posted 04/28/2022
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The Associate, Financial Planning & Analysis manages one or more processes, projects, or procedures within the Financial Planning & Analysis functionality. S/he will provide well-analyzed and defined recommendations on process improvements while influencing others regarding the FP&A policies, practices, and procedures.
Generates forecasts and analyzes trends in revenue-generating organizations, finance and other areas of business for financial and strategic planning purposes. Conducts financial and economic analysis and forecasting and evaluates alternate financial plans. Prepares, analyzes, interprets and maintains internal and external information related to economic policy, rates of return, depreciation, investments and operational and financial results. Analyzes profit-and-loss income statements and prepares reports on findings to make budgeting and cost recommendations to management.
- Develops, improves, independently manages one or more processes (reporting, projects, systems, procedures, or products) within the Financial Planning & Analysis structure.
- Enhances the financial understanding of business lines, products and segments to aid reporting, forecasting and business decision making.
- Influences others regarding FP&A process policies, procedures, and practices.
- Recommends industry and peer data sources to enhance reporting with benchmarks to support business cases.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Work Experience: 5+ years Financial Planning and Analysis in the Banking or Financial Services Industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to convey a sense of urgency and drive issues/projects to closure.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to listen and interpret the requirements of internal clients, plan accordingly, and exceed expectations.
- Strong financial analysis, modeling, and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated financial modeling knowledge and skills with strong analytical, qualitative, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships at all levels of management.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
EDUCATIONBachelor of Science (BS), Masters of Science (MS)
COMPETENCIESBachelor of Science (BS) English
Primary Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
Other Locations: Massachusetts-Boston
Organization: Santander Bank N.A.
As a part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and clients, we have implemented COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include all or some combination of: disclosing your vaccination status, being fully vaccinated, regular testing, mask wearing and social distancing. As you go through our selection process, the requirements will be clearly disclosed to you.