Associate, Financial Planning & AnalysisApply Req ID: 2105202 Date posted 10/05/2021
The Associate, Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for the creation and ongoing management of FP&A projects, processes, and tools to support the FP&A functionality. This role will be a business partner supporting several key business lines within the Real Estate & Vehicle Finance segment of Commercial Banking. This role requires financial reporting and analysis, budgeting, and forecasting of all components of the business line balance sheets and income statements. The ability to identify key business trends and develop strategies to drive profitability are important criteria for this position. A strong candidate should have experience with CRA investments and associated tax credits/ accounting to support the growing Community Development Finance business.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing leadership, guidance and mentorship to other project managers.
- Assess finance organizational structure and functions, recommends opportunities to optimize and improve the finance functionality within the organization.
- Consults on complex business issues and data design considerations to improve accuracy and efficiency in the reporting processes.
- Creates and/or changes processes that will lead to measurable gains in data quality and processing time.
- Delivers guidance to senior level with regard to design queries and report packages using systems and other appropriate tools; resolve data process issues.
- Delivers well-analyzed financial forecasts to support the businesses strategic direction and budget.
- Enhances the financial understanding of business lines, products and segments to aid reporting, forecasting and business decision making.
- Ensures consistency between the capital management framework, the risk appetite, tolerance, and strategic planning processes.
- Establishes and implements detailed process documentation and best practices for all data processes and technical solutions.
- Influences others at an operational level regarding new concepts, practices, and approaches.
- Manages FP&A projects, processes, and tools to support the FP&A functionality.
- Recommends industry and peer data sources to enhance reporting with benchmarks to support business cases.
- Represents organization as the primary contact for specific Financial Planning & Analysis projects and initiatives.
- Supports in identifying, interpreting and implementing emerging regulatory requirements relating to capital management, including articulating responses to requests from regulatory bodies in writing.
- With input from key business stakeholders, leads periodic gap assessments of current capital management processes against leading and emerging industry practices and changes in regulatory expectations.
- Bachelor's Degree; Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent field.
- Master's Degree; Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent field or equivalent work experience
- 7-9 years; Accounting/financial analysis and planning experience within the Financial Services/Banking industry
- Ability to convey a sense of urgency and drive issues/projects to closure.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex financial transactions and strategies.
- Ability to listen and interpret the requirements of internal clients, plan accordingly, and exceed expectations.
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated financial modeling knowledge and skills with strong analytical, qualitative, and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to research, organize and analyze financial data.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships at all levels of management.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding.
- Strong Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Hyperion Reporting.
- Strong experience in and knowledge of financial planning and analysis.
- Strong financial analysis, modeling, and problem-solving.
Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.
Primary Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Other Locations: -,Massachusetts-Boston
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.