Associate, Business Intelligence/Data EngineeringApply Req ID: 2104554 Date posted 10/22/2021
The Associate, Business Intelligence/Data Engineering is responsible for data and intelligence activities across an assigned data domain(s) using a risk based, standard business process approach.
- Adheres to corporate risk management objectives.
- Supports with the development of data and process improvement plans.
- Analyzes and documents functional processes and controls ensuring gaps and deficiencies are inventoried.
- Collaborates and coordinates with reporting and data scientists to ensure data needs are met.
- Collaborates with technology to improve and streamline processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value.
- Defines data quality requirements including business rules/controls, metrics and targets.
- Perform various data quality tests to ensure accuracy of data
- Identifies inefficient business processes and drives improvements to maximize efficiency.
- Leads key data element identification with data stakeholders across assigned data domain(s) using a risk based, standard business process approach.
- Monitors internal and external environments for development of new business processes.
- Partners and collaborates with the business to maintain rules and standards to improve data accuracy and value.
- Provides additional support for users through training, documentation, system access & query resolution to help them analyze, understand and utilize available BI data most effectively.
- Bachelor's Degree; Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Management Information Systems, or other equivalent field.
- Master's Degree; Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Management Information Systems, or other equivalent field.,or equivalent work experience
- 5-9 years' experience
- Excellent coding skills (SQL, Python, R)
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts
- Strong Knowledge of SQL Server, SSIS (Hadoop a plus)
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business environment.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity, poise, maturity and precision both written and verbal.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees, including senior level management.
- Ability to leverage technology to improve and automate business tasks.
- Ability to maintain and report on confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines.
- Advanced Knowledge of data modeling, database design development, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical applications within Financial Services to interpret data requests and identify data analytics opportunities.
- Demonstrated data analysis, data presentation, and data development skills.
- Strong attention to details and can analyze information quickly.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong project management skills.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.
Primary Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Other Locations: Massachusetts-Boston
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.