Solid handshake? Winning smile? Big, bold and bright ideas? If that sounds like you, it’s time to drop everything and start getting excited – because we’re waiting to welcome you to an awesome future. One where you’ll be able to give your entrepreneurial spirit room to grow as you build a rewarding career alongside people as friendly and enthusiastic as you are. So get some screen time with the videos below, and discover how you can Santander.
What makes someone successful at Santander?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Benefits & Rewards
Medical, Dental, Vision Pre-tax Health Accounts, Short- and Long-term Disability EAP, Health Advocate Services
401(k) Retirement Plan Up to 5% 401(k) Matching Additional Investment Options
Paid Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Dependent Care FSA, Tax-advantaged Transit/Parking Legal Assistance Plan
Life, accidental death, business travel accident, long- and short-term disability insurance coverage
Tuition and computer purchase reimbursement, plus discounts for cell phone, fitness and auto/home insurance
Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Time Off, Volunteer PTO, Travel Discounts
Santander’s Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of capital, treasury management and risk management solutions to thousands of small and mid-sized companies in the northeast and across the country. We also have expertise and provide service to specific industry sectors including real estate, asset based lending, energy, education, health care and government.
Our clients rely on the strength of Santander’s balance sheet and the degree to which our relationship managers understand their businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling solutions. In addition, Santander’s significant international presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help companies grow their business, both near and far.
The Associate, Business Control & Risk Management, represents the First Line of Defense and is responsible for partnering with Internal Controls to ensure strong internal controls capabilities and remediation of the internal control environment for the represented business line and/or functional area. The Associate works to identify, assess and action various risks throughout the assigned business line by executing defined risk programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with key stake holders to document various Committee Reporting.
- Applies developing knowledge and supports the design, assessment, and/or administration of risk programs, practices and procedures at the Commercial level.
- Assists in the collection and initial analysis of data, preparation of business owner control surveys.
- Leads operating process and internal control improvement initiatives.
- Manages complex projects that involve working with risk managers to improve controls to mitigate any deficiencies.
- Partners with 2nd LOD Operational Risk and Compliance to share information and escalate issues as needed.
- Assists with executing a centralized Procedure Governance program to ensure compliance with Bank Policy and Standards.
- Supports Operational Risk program management which may include multiple programs or targeted focus.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree; Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field.
- Master's Degree; Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field, or equivalent work experience;
- 5-9 years; Risk Management, Internal Controls, Auditing, Credit Management, relevant line of business experience and/or legal or regulatory experience.
- Ability to build credibility with, collaborate with, and influence line of business executives.
- Ability to build internal and external networks of information resources within the risk management ecosystem.
- Ability to constructively work both independently and in collaborative environments involving all levels of management and employees.
- Advanced understanding of the regulatory environment and how the risks of the products and services the bank offers are viewed by the Second Line of Defense and regulators.
- Demonstrated experience supporting and/or leading risk projects across multiple business lines offering a wide variety of financial services products and services.
- Excellent analytical and complex problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of the financial services sector, particularly with the competitive dynamics and products in retail banking and risk management.
- Strong project management skills.
- Communicates in a timely and straightforward manner.
- Probes for additional information, clarifies assumptions and confirms agreed-upon actions.
- Keeps everyone involved informed about progress and issues.
- Communicates the importance and benefits of risk management to counterparts.
- Displays natural skepticism and curiosity to question the status quo and uncover issues.
- Adheres to a good root cause analysis process.
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members.
- Executes risk management process and procedures without management direction, and demonstrates awareness of expected results.
- Knows the relationship and impact of actions and results.
- Has an understanding of regulations impacting area supported.
- Follows through to meet commitments to others Takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite balancing multiple complex demands.
- Knows who to reach out to inside and outside of one’s team to get work done.
- Takes action to enhance working relationships needed to achieve seamless work flow.
- Stays current with industry and regulatory trends and emerging risk issues.
- Has good understanding of current market and competitive landscape that the organization operates within.
- Uses information and data effectively to support a position and present a rational case.
Primary Location:Massachusetts-BOSTON-75 State Street - 06366 - State Street-Corp
Organization:Commercial Banking (4700)
Job Posting:Dec 22, 2020, 1:42:07 PM
Work in Boston
Check out where you could be working if you apply.About this location