ABL Underwriting & Portfolio ManagementApply Req ID: 2003482 Date posted 10/22/2020
ABL Underwriting & Portfolio Management-2003482
Santander’s Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of capital, treasury management and risk management solutions to thousands of small and mid-sized companies in the northeast and across the country. We also have expertise and provide service to specific industry sectors including real estate, asset based lending, energy, education, health care and government. Our clients rely on the strength of Santander’s balance sheet and the degree to which our relationship managers understand their businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling solutions. In addition, Santander’s significant international presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help companies grow their business, both near and far.
SummaryThe main function of the ABL Underwriting & Portfolio Management position is to underwrite, analyze, process and package commercial loans.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyzes, interprets and underwrites complex commercial transactions in compliance with respective guidelines
- Assists more senior underwriters in preparing and presenting comprehensive loan approval package to credit committee
- Collects, packages, reviews and reconciles loan application documents including financial/credit exhibits under various underwriting programs
- Conducts detailed economic and demographic research to determine feasibility of transactions
- Conducts inspections of physical assets, if applicable
- Orders and performs the preliminary review of all third party reports (appraisal, inspection and environmental) for compliance with guidelines
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience - Finance, Accounting, Management, Economics or equivalent field
- 2-5 years of hands-on commercial or corporate underwriting experience and/or training
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with little supervision
- Ability to work well with others and on teams
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrates strong judgment and sound credit skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Federal banking regulations
- Strong analytical skills and proficient with financial statements