Benefits SpecialistApply Req ID: 2102324 Date posted 05/17/2021
The Benefits Specialist is responsible for providing daily administrative support to Benefit Consultants and the greater team for various benefits programs. S/he provides answers to general benefits questions, assists with specific tasks, and follows documented processes and procedures.
- Responds to employee inquiries on general plan provisions, benefit enrollment, qualifying events, and claims procedures
- Assists with initiatives i.e. Annual Enrollment, Benefit/Wellness Fairs, etc.
- Develops working knowledge and familiarity with Santander benefit plans and programs, as well as applicable Federal and state laws and regulations that govern the plans and programs
- Applies administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes
- Assists with proactive auditing, monitoring and reporting of benefits programs
- Monitors electronic eligibility files, uploads files to vendors secure sites, resolves errors working with managers and benefit plan vendors
- Prepares and processes monthly billings for benefits invoices
- Pulls data and prepares reports for others to check and review
- Bachelor's Degree in HR, business, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 0-3 years in an HR, benefits, administrative, or similar role
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to work with diverse range of personalities and express their thoughts concisely/professionally
- Detail oriented with the ability to work on a team or individually
- Have a customer service orientation with ability to escalate issues when appropriate
- Solid verbal communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Strong learning and inquisitive skill set
- Team player mindset that actively takes initiative and has a strong work ethic
- Technology savvy with Microsoft Office i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Primary Location: Wyomissing, Pennsylvania, United States
Other Locations: Massachusetts-Dorchester,Texas-Dallas,Pennsylvania-Wyomissing
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.