Associate, Business Control & Risk ManagementApply Req ID: Req0941707 Date posted 04/04/2022
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Santander’s Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of capital, treasury management and risk management solutions to thousands of small and mid-sized companies in the northeast and across the country. We also have expertise and provide service to specific industry sectors including real estate, asset based lending, energy, education, health care and government. Our clients rely on the strength of Santander’s balance sheet and the degree to which our relationship managers understand their businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling solutions. In addition, Santander’s significant international presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help companies grow their business, both near and far.
Commercial Banking’s Risk Management QC & Testing function is owned and managed by the first line of defense (1st LOD). The Testing team provides an independent assurance on the risk and control environment towards meeting applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines for Commercial Banking. The goal of the Testing team is to support compliance with regulations and requirements including the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), facilitate the assessment of the control suite effectiveness in the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process and inform managers on the adequacy or effectiveness of their control environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute the control assessment phase of Commercial Banking’s Operational and Compliance RCSA annual plans. The results provide critical information for management to understand the control environment of their business and meet requirements for the assessment, mitigation and reporting of risks and internal controls for the Bank.
- Review various business processes and assess the adequacy of controls designed to mitigate the risks identified.
- Draft and execute test procedures to assess operating effectiveness of controls for in scope RCSA processes.
- Obtain, examine and analyze records from various systems, reports, operating practices, and documentation for compliance with bank policies, regulatory compliance and adherence to appropriate procedures.
- As part of controls testing, analyze for process deficiencies for in scope RCSA process.
- Ensure proper utilization of bank policies and line of business procedures.
- Collect, document and summarize results for the Business Unit, and present findings to line or business manager
- Support the Testing manager to identify, develop and document corrective action plans, for noted trends or deficiencies
- Partner with the business to enhance or implement controls to address deficiencies
- Represent the department during internal and external audits/exams as required
- Participate in special projects as directed by the Testing Manager
- Bachelor's Degree; Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field.
- 5-9 years; Risk Management, Internal Controls, Auditing, relevant line of business experience and/or legal or regulatory experience.
- Highly Preferred: Series 7/66, or Preferred: 6/63
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio
- Ability to build positive relationships with team members across the organization
- Ability to interact successfully with a variety of business partners across the organization including transaction banking, legal, compliance, technology and operations, to ensure risks are mitigated and compliance with relevant policies and procedures
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work in dynamic environment, that demands the ability to manage multiple, and often competing priorities
- Understand complex business processes, risks and controls in manual / automated environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to summarize and present complex information and issues succinctly for the required target audience
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Primary Location: Florham Park, New Jersey, United States of America
Other Locations: New Jersey-Florham Park,Rhode Island-Santander Consumer,Rhode Island-East Providence,New York-New York,Massachusetts-Boston
Organization: Santander Bank N.A.
As a part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and clients, we have implemented COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include all or some combination of: disclosing your vaccination status, being fully vaccinated, regular testing, mask wearing and social distancing. As you go through our selection process, the requirements will be clearly disclosed to you.