Summary of Responsibilities:
The Web Developer III plays a key role in developing websites for Santander Consumer USA Inc. (SCUSA), Chrysler Capital, RoadLoans, and other web presences and is familiar with developing for WordPress as a CMS.
- An emphasis on creating and managing WordPress sites/plugins/themes
- Maintaining/deploying web content
- Designing web interfaces
- Managing code between branches with SVN and Git
- Designing/developing for various browsers including mobile
- Able to train other team members in language when needed
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Minimum Five (5) to Seven (7) years of web design & development
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress
- Understanding of WordPress’ license
- WordPress Ajax
- Hardening techniques
- Theme & plugin development
- Advanced knowledge of web standards in regards to HTML and CSS
- Advanced knowledge of version control systems (Git & SVN)
- Advanced knowledge of responsive development (preferably Twitter Bootstrap)
- Development workflows
- Keen eye to preserve integrity of the design throughout the entire development process
- Self-motivator/flexible/team player
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment with multiple projects
- Mid-level experience with Abode creative suite
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.